Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Avedon will never stop being my ultimate inspiration :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

It's definitely one of his strong points. All of the subjects in his photos are always so dynamic, even if they're standing still. I'm going to go see the traveling exhibit at the DIA this weekend, I'm excited.

As much as I kind of balk at it, I think you're right in that self portraits are definitely something that can really help define and refine photography skill. Maybe I will have to do some, but yeah, like a lot of photogs, I hate being in front of the camera.

more avedon

This one reminds me of that Kane photo earlier in the thread.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

For the Shore image, I agree with the sentiment that the girl is not the focus. Instead, I see her a compositional element, a starting point. The first thing after seeing the girl, my eyes immediately slide upwards to the strong diagonal water/land line. The bars at the bottom are there to direct your attention away, sort of "keep going, keep going, nothing to see here."

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Current obsession: David Sims, I may or may not rip out my fav photos from Vogue and they mostly happen to be his

• Locked thread