Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???
I didn't see this posted.

Apparently, you can get an original print for $900.

He says he did all that in-camera, but... gently caress. How? The only thing I can think of is a shitload of lighting so that he could get the sky like that.

Also, to beat a dead horse, I wish I were as lucky (unlucky?) as the guy who took this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

notlodar posted:

Or he used film?

Yeah. That photo is at least 27 years old.
From the album cover of "A Broken Frame", which came out in 1982.

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

spog posted:

I am not surprised that he used film, but I don't think that is significant: that photo's main characteristics suggest to me a big lighting rig.

I get ya. I think my main thing was that it seems like a modern photograph, even though it's almost 30 years old.

And, thinking about it, he most definitely used a big lighting rig.

So, technically, I understand the photo. But I still think it's a badass picture. It seems like it mixes the usable parts of HDR tomfoolery with traditional portraiture and then a little bit of "something else".

But maybe I'm too stuck in the 80s.

• Locked thread