Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
I'm eagerly awaiting the "selective color.. OH NOES!" responses.

I can sort of see the association between places, people and animals, except for the second one. Why are there fish swimming through the bedroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
The gloomy atmosphere combined with all those lights makes for a nice contrast- I like it. The first picture doesn't speak to me at all though- looks like a snapshot.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Why would that be considered a good photograph? (Serious question)

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

Twenties Superstar posted:

It looks cool, there's like a little dark guy in a big white rectangle with some stripes and then there's an even bigger grey rectangle which is in another white rectangle

Those look like trapezoids to me :v:
Except for the "it's art!" excuse that picture might as well reside in the Terrible Photos thread.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

Oprah Haza posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12618167

Quite amazing - an introspection from photographer Timothy Allen on a year and a half long assignment he had with the BBC.

I found his last comment to be particularly true - that we can nitpick and poke holes in any photo but the overall impact is what truly matters.

You're not a real photographer unless your cameras look like this:

http://thetravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2011/01/bbcs-human-planet.html

• Locked thread