Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
Wynn Bullock, largely because of this photo, which is the best landscape I have ever seen. Fullstop. I first saw it when I was interning at the ICP, and the print of it was buried in the middle of a box, and when I took it out I felt myself physically react. I wanted to scan it, if only to use as a desktop background, but I was unable to because of copyright. This, sadly, is the best image I can find online.

"The Stark Tree"

Art Kane, similar story, same internship. He's best known for a picture of the major figures of jazz congregated in one place, but this photo of his just takes my breath away. The print of it that I saw was just absolutely staggering.

"Where Does the Wind Blow?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
That last one is the one I whip out as a counter example whenever someone says "the best portraits are in black and white."

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

dukeku posted:

Joel Sternfeld

Wish more people had quoted this because Sternfeld owns and this is one of my favorite pictures ever.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

gvibes posted:

I was randomly googling the name of a dude I went to school with a long time ago - there is a lot going on in his photos:

i don't know about this. the photos are cool and all, but it's like he wanted to emulate greg crewdson and wasn't sure what made his photos so unnerving and cool so he just tried to put in as much poo poo as possible.

• Locked thread