Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TBH, I'd feel more honest calling a composite just that, but I don't understand how it detracts from whatever artistic quality it's got in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pretty sure Crewdson original LF prints go for 75k+. At 10 of those per shoot, I can't imagine shooting budget being that problematic of an issue.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

brad industry posted:

and all of ya'll have seen this I'm sure, most expensive photo print ever sold ($3.something million I think?)

Pretty sure that's not the one. The picture in question was a red-dominant diptych (loving huge, too).
What's pretty staggering is the fact that people reportedly paid $4M+ for the brangelina offspring photos. Kinda puts things in a twisted perspective.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 25, 2009

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Mannequin posted:

One day I'll go up there and do some proper photos of it.
You should! An old gunsmith I knew had a really amazing work/machine shop.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

poopinmymouth posted:

gently caress
This. That's some really impressive stuff, jesus.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If you could put some basic user info in the first frame (or wherever you like really that'd be great (mostly looking for favorites), but I recognize that's not the intent of the thing, so welp :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Twenties Superstar posted:

Let me tell you what's up.
Hahaha you need to be like that more of the time.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Some of his still life stuff is also amazing: http://www.guidomocafico.com/om1.html

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not really a fan but that mega pickles is beyond irony.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

brad industry posted:

tl;dr photos like that emphasize a photographic way of seeing that is unique to photography
Much harder to show just how articulate you are in just one line, though.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Twenties Superstar posted:

All that I really want to do is show that there are other ways to think about things and there is more to photography than nice views.
Yeah, it was an an easy jab :smith:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Is there a digital frame out there with APNG support? Be nice not to have 256-colour dithered wedding pics :)
All you need is glitter gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That poo poo's cray cray.

• Locked thread