Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Mannequin posted:

holy poo poo...

I mean I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to say. I would take one shot as good as this in my life and I'd be able to put down my camera and feel good about myself until I died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Mannequin posted:

The positive feedback you'd get would hopefully encourage you to continue. Sometimes, I am envious of these guys because part of what makes them successful is that they can go to places that I can't. In some ways, I kind of feel like they're cheating because they have an advantage I don't have. But on the other hand, I know they worked really hard to get there and they deserve it.

Yeah I mean I'd probably get some great shots if I had his gear and the chance to travel like that. But my shots still wouldn't be that good (well at least for now!) and like you said, the guy must have worked so hard to get there. There's a reason I get the national geographic each month, these guys do the best pictures in the craziest of environments.

--

Here's something from Québec, the guy is called Marc-André Ménard and I really dig his style. He got some pretty good "horror movie" images, and he sometime goes crazy with photoshop, but I think he makes some great shots in a style that is quite different from what we usually see. I particularly like his portraits, I really feel emotions through them

for more of his work : http://www.maphoto.org/pg_portfolio.php?gId=1

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Bojanglesworth posted:

Am I retarded, when I go to that page and put my user name in nothing happens. :/

I am retarded.

I'm retarded too because I don't understand it either... I tried a bunch of things and nothing works.

Greybone posted:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utrolige-historier/artikkel.php?artid=10007099 has a fantastic :nms: bullfighting picture, though it's more about the subject matter than the photography?

Still I wanted to post it somewhere..

Why is he smoking a cigar while doing that matador thing :downs:?.... OH poo poo

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Bojanglesworth posted:

The reason it wasnt working for me was because I was trying to use my sign in name and not my actual user name. When you go to flickr and it says "Hello, KingColliwog" its that name. Im not sure if thats what you are trying or not, but thats where my mistake was.

haha thanks, some how I used King Colliwog with a space on flickr... Like the only place I did that so that's why it wasn't working.

Really nice site, I love it. Does it resize images though? Some look weird

Edit : I just saw it was mentionned earlier. By quick and dirty he means that some images look like they've been resized with paint or something. They don't look sharp and look like they have some artefacting going on.

edit 2 : I just looked at images that really suffer from this and it's because they were made bigger so there's probably not much that can be done if you can't use the large images as source.

KingColliwog fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 26, 2010

• Locked thread