Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snowman
Aug 20, 2004
due it
With all the talk of what is a photo, what manipulation is "acceptable", and the role photoshop plays in all of this, I think a really interesting artist to look at is Jerry Uelsmann. His work is some of my favorite.

It's amazing that he did all of these in the darkroom, often working on up to 9 enlargers at the same time. Check out his website https://www.uelsmann.com

And a question for the photo purists, if you make a panorama, is that then not a photo? Or how about bracketing the same scene and then combining for an increased dynamic range? Cloning or healing? What if it's just a dust spot? Or what about images that were taken without a camera at all?
Stuff like Walter Chappells work with plants?

Or a more recent take on the idea, Robert Buelteman's work:

Click here for the full 650x516 image.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but it's tough to draw a line between photos and collage work, and if you do, it's gotta be a pretty fuzzy line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread