Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Sarah Stolfa: The Regulars

There's nothing at all complicated about these, but when I picked up the book I just couldn't put it down. Just once I'd like to have a good idea and see it through like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

brad industry posted:

I hadn't heard of him until recently but I think we both are both prolly drawing from the same source, and by the same source I mean Gregory Crewdson. (Can't help posting this, dude is my all time favorite photographer).
I'm glad you mentioned him because this guy fascinates me. I watched a special on him and some other photographers, on National Geographic I think, and his process is wild. Weeks of meticulous planning and scouting, every detail considered; a crew closer to that of a feature film than a photograph. The guy's so loving meta he doesn't even pick up a camera anymore, he can't be bothered with that; his job is to imagine what the image should look like, and make it happen.

You mentioned his one-and-only commercial photo for Six Feet Under, so I've got to ask: where's the money come from? I mean he's got some serious poo poo going on when he puts a photo together; he's got a crew that looks to be around 20 strong, he's closing down streets, etc. Do his prints sell for millions or something?

jackpot fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 24, 2009

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

this image rules.
But the fox is going to get away! I've seen this before, can't believe I just noticed that.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Andrew Zimmerman, king of bird photographers. The close-up portraits I can fathom, but the in-flight photos, jesus christ.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

dakana posted:

Some dude buys a box of negatives for $400, starts scanning them, and discovers some unbelievable, completely unseen street photography.

He finds out they're all by a woman named Vivian Maier. He googled, and all he found was an obituary from a few days back.
I just can't get over how amazing this is, I don't even know what to say about it. The volume, and the quality, and the fact that these probably came within an inch of ending up in a dumpster...I'd call it unbelievable, except for the fact that it actually happened.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

My wife and I are considering a trip to Iceland. Photos like those are making the decision a lot less difficult.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Russian lady's been all over my facebook lately, makes my kid pictures look like dogshit. Mostly shoots kids, dogs, and bunnies.

More: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75571860@N06/page1/

jackpot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Like, the lines between fantasy and reality are totally blurred, man. How do you know that what I see as green isn't what you see as red? THINK ABOUT IT.

• Locked thread