Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broccoli Cream Salad
Dec 2, 2004

Love Hurts... *prick prick*

spog posted:

I've sort of found it....

It's in the 'The Sopranos' companion book - which is not a bad book, but I'm not enough of a fan to pay the price for it:

http://www.amazon.com/Sopranos-Book-HBO/dp/1933821876/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

There's a really lovely photo-of-a-photo, which I am almost hesitant to post cause the photo really loses its impact:

If you can find the original, then you'll see why I like it - the lighting is really good and there is a real atmosphere to the situation and characters. The crap copy loses all of this.
I'll explain more if I can find a decent version...

The Sopranos photos always give me strong mixed emotions:

(is this Leibovitz?)

I like the way that the characters are independant from each other and separate entities - in some cases, not even focussed on the same subject. That's kind of rare in an ensemble image. Usually, everyone is in the same plane, looking at the same thing and usually physically touching each other. In this case, all the characters are separate and you get quite a cold emotion from the,

On the other hand, I really dislike the fact that all these shots are obviously cut and paste composition jobs - which does grate quite badly.
Speaking of the Sopranos... I remember the first time I saw this picture... absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread