Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
My wife is getting more comfortable with her new 5D and 50MM Macro:

RoastedGarlicHummus-10 by Crepes of Wrath, on Flickr

Bobx66 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
That is the general sense of the feedback we have been getting. We just sold our 40d and we are going to put all of the proceeds into a tripod. Does anyone have a recommendation on heads? Also we need a tripod with a short minimum height as our shooting surface is like 18 inches off the ground. Any thoughts?

Can anyone show me some food shots where a thin DOF benefits the shot?

Thank you for the feedback!

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Beautiful. Is the wood top from the restaurant or is it your prop? If its your's how did you get it to look like that?

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

LAchristus posted:

Well thank you. My lighting technique isn't spot on, usually work with natural light, so this flash set-up didn't tickle my buttons completely. That is something I gotta learn in 2012!

It is a top/prob that I brought with me. It is a designer here in Copenhagen who makes them and it is actually cardboard that has been painted/printed/whatever and then with a thin coating on. My mentor (the photographer that I am studying under) and I are going shopping for new ones soon - I am all :woop: about it. I'm a loving nerd that way..

drat, do you have a brand or any more details? I would buy every single one that I could get my hands on.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Where can I get that bowl :swoon:

Also is this another veneer?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gWOnImaHrqk/T1enJagZoAI/AAAAAAAAAac/SfR7Mh3Aoxc/s640/_MG_9509.jpg

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

LAchristus posted:

It is from Japan. I got it from a sushi restaurant I worked at.

And it is not a veneer, it is and old wine barrel :)

Hot drat, nice set piece.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Good article on current trends in food photography and tips on how to achieve them: http://www.dessertsforbreakfast.com/2012/06/current-food-photography-styles-and.html

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Reichstag posted:

If you threw your camera away you would still be polluting less than you are now.

What are you babbling about?

Miso, love the shots, very well composed. And that wood, drat.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
So then correct me if I'm wrong but the readers of this thread now have to deal with his poo poo posting in addition to his "art?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit

Reichstag posted:

I mean there's absolutely no content or thought other than "look at this food." A goal which is often frustrated by your mystifying opposition to straight horizons and perspective, constant desire to cut subjects off, and inexplicably shallow depth of field.

Why does it take you 3 posts to get out a full sentence and why can't you do it without being a smarmy prick?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread