Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Holy crap, the Duff McWhalen and Bubble Crab stages have the exact same song.

EDIT: Apparently, McWhalen's stage was supposed to have this song, but it was changed for some reason.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think Strike Man's weapon gets stronger the more times it bounces before hitting an enemy.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
More to the point, Megaman's original Japanese character design is basically a ripoff of Astro Boy.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is the MML3 beta going to be free, or will they charge for it?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Hoppy posted:

Although I smashed B+A at once for dash jumping off of walls.

The problem is trying to do that while charging a shot.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did the fans ever fail to deliver on something the Devroom site asked for?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was reading the interview with the guy who played the Legends 3 Prototype, and I think I found the reason they cancelled the game:

quote:

Did voice acting play a majority of the prototype? (Was it also the same voice actors from the previous games?)

There was a pretty good amount of voice acting. I’d guess that none of the actors worked on the previous Legends games, especially since most of the dialogue was spoken by new characters like Aero. Tiesel sounded like a different actor, but he was still pretty over-the-top zany. I can say one thing for sure: all of the voice acting was infinitely better than the narrator from Mega Man Legends 1!

No one would ever accept that. :colbert:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Zeether posted:

And oh god Squid Adler/The Skiver (what was the localization team smoking when they made those names)

We can put a name to the decision, at least.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also what the gently caress is a Milodon?

An extinct giant ground sloth, apparently. There's a statue of one outside a cave in Chile.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

an_mutt posted:

(unless I just need to press some messed up button combination to crouch?)

Switch to human form to crouch and walk through any narrow passages.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

LemonLimeTime posted:

Edit: I couldn't help myself...http://i.imgur.com/7V50D.png

You ought to incorporate the paid DLC screen in this.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yes, but 34 likes! (from the dumbest motherfucking people on the planet I guess....)

Maybe they just thought the model was hot.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Penguissimo posted:

I was about to post something about how the "autoplay" button in the Flash knockoff was a stroke of satirical genius, but first I had to go back to the demo video to make sure that wasn't actually in the real game.

It's not in the video, but it is previous screenshots.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I have eight separate multiple parallel processing Unix boxes running simultaneously in my basement. At any given point in time each machine will be running one hundred and twenty eight Mega Man 2 time attack speedruns on an equal number of NES emulators.

With this set up I can generate approximately 1.7 Capcoins a day.

Any less then 3 Capcoins per day per person and fangames will start getting cancelled due to lack of fan input in their creation.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It's got a cat-rear end pauldron.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
When I saw that the Mega Man thread had gotten 26 posts in the space of a few hours, I was hoping some kind of Mega Man news had popped up. :smith:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was expecting a cancelation notice.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It's a joke. P4RGaming is basically The Onion of videogames. It's just really, really believable.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You forgot the iOS release of Mega Man X. It's a crummy port, but it's still a decent enough introduction to the franchise.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Srice posted:

I had fun with that stage, it was a nice change of pace and I didn't find it to be as annoying as the speederbike stages in X4 and X5. Heck, those don't give notices at all!

The Squid Adler bike section can kill you before the READY text disappears, and that's just hosed.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Contra is better. Suck it.

Hey that's another game we'll never see again. I remember an E3 Teaser Trailer like three years ago, and I haven't heard poo poo since.

You're not referring to Contra 4, are you?

EDIT: Oh, wait, you're not. Sorry.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 1, 2014

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I found that the scimitar (down thrust) item added a lot of variety to the combat, and in particular was great for those enemies on small platforms you mentioned.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You can harden it and then shatter it with Laser Trident, but there's not really any reason to.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Panic Restaurant posted:

Also the article reminded me that Teisel Bonne's voice actor is a convicted pedo, and that's depressing. :smith:

Larryb posted:

Wait, what? When did this happen?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

I bet that statue is just the right size to switch out the pictured base for an Amiibo base...

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Capcom will put it up for sale for 15 dollars, not enough buyers, then Capcom will blame the fans for not being interested enough, and cancel the upcoming cartoons and any other possible project until the next couple of years when they re-release a collection.

They'll also buy out Comcept and cancel Mighty Number 9.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'd heard from somewhere that they completely recoded the Nintendo MM games for the non-Nintendo versions of the Anniversary Collection because Nintendo would have flipped out at the prospect of an NES or SNES emulator for the PS2 or Xbox, and in doing so fixed the MM1 pause trick. Is that no longer an issue, or am I just full of poo poo, or what?

I thought that would have also explained the load times in the Playstation release of Chrono Trigger.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 10, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

He may be a pedophile, but I'll be damned if Teisel didn't have one of the best "teetering on the razor edge of good-natured insanity" voices I've ever heard. His increasingly angry pleas to close the hatch on the Marlwolf were nothing short of hilarious, and it'll be hard to replace him. The fact he turned out to be a creep is just one more nail in the coffin lid for the Legends franchise.

It didn't stop the release of the Tron Bonne game on PSN, and it didn't kill Alexander Keith's, so it shouldn't be a huge detriment to anything else.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Flytrap posted:

I was just playing some MML and, honestly? If they just added some analog stick aiming and kept the rest it would be pretty okay.

Like, 90% of the games problems come from the awkward aiming controls.

Did you only play the first Legends? MML2 learned a hell of a lot from Ocarina of Time in the lock-on department. Also, I think Legends 1 came out before the Dual Shock, whereas Legends 2 was after.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Do tell. When did that happen?

The franchise lying dormant for the last five years?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think by now the Guns N' Roses people would consider getting litigious about that.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

arcsig posted:

What makes it not suited to PC? I'm not really a fan of handhelds so I'm thinking of picking up the PC version because the game looks pretty fun.

It looks like they haven't updated the UI of the game to work with a single screen, so it just displays the two 3DS screens as movable windows within a larger main-game container.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He's based on a stag beetle, "Kuwanger" is derived from "kuwagata", the Japanese word for stag beetle.

EDIT:

His "pick up and toss Mega Man X with his head pincers" attack is likely based on an actual thing stag beetles do

And here I thought Gravity Beetle was the stag beetle, but he's actually a rhinoceros beetle.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Gravity Beetle's theme is one of the few really good songs in MMX3, but I've yet to hear a remix that isn't loving awful. Has there ever been a good rock remix of it? All I've heard is the lovely mind-numbing raver generic techno crap that OCremix turns practically every VG theme into.

Here's one

Here's another one

Also, here's a medley (give it 45 seconds to get going) from Dwelling of Duels, which is kind of like OCRemix but way more metal.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 23, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Thread question: what different variants of the approach to master refights handles them best? Are there any that could feasibly become the new standard?

Off the top of my head, a few options:

1. MM1- set order across the levels of the fortress
2. MMDos1 & 3 - all of them in set order in a single fortress level :vomit:
3. MMEternal - 4 sets of 2, your choice, over the course of the fortress
4. MM4 MI - Metroidvania (probably not a feasible choice)
5. MMunlimited - One stage, each boss gets their own ministage (generally seen as difficulty overkill)

And there are other fangame approaches I'm forgetting. Lemme know and I'll add them. One of them had... like ministages where the enemies got the boss's weapons or something?

Does Shovel Knight's one-after-the-other gauntlet count as an example of #2, or something different?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

No. It's a pretty good effort for $15 and it's way cheaper than actually trying to buy an NES and all six Mega Man games or buying them all on Virtual Console. Calling them just NES ROMs is undermining Digital Eclipse's efforts a bit though, hackers have gone into the game's binary files and found that the ROMs do exist in slightly modified state to remove any traces of the name "Nintendo", but they've also found that the Legacy Collection only uses the ROMs for music and sprite assets.

So if someone were to replace a Mega Man ROM with a Castlevania ROM they'd wind up with a Mega Man game with mangled art and music? I'd like to see what that looks like.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the game without paying any money at all, and I don't intend to start throwing money at it any time soon. You can only play it for so long each day for free, but it's a fairly rare day when I don't get at least one free try at the for-pay machine.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They haven't said if they're going to do a Steam version of this new game, have they?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Has there been any indication that Gunvolt 2 will release on Steam at some point? I got the first one on 3DS on day one, but if I'd known a PC release would happen, I might have waited for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

I mean, they say it's gold. That means it is on its way to mass production.

Where's MN9 getting a physical release?