Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't want to believe it, but I knew this day would come.

From the very beginning, I've always thought it was odd that they would have so much fan-involvement in the development process. It's almost like they had absolutely no idea how to create the game whatsoever, so they were asking the fans to create the game themselves. I mean they kinda said this themselves, but not so direct and to that point.

It also seems like almost everything went downhill when Inafune left, no matter how much they try to convince people otherwise.

I am pretty pissed that they would do this without even releasing the demo, though. What the hell happened to "release of the final product will be determined on demo sales", guys? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

They could always try a Megaman J-RPG

Oh wait, they already did. (How was Command Mission, anyway?)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I try so hard to get into the Zero series, but it's way too difficult for me

Although, I have heard reports I could potentially just skip the first Zero game if I felt like it. I'm so conflicted though because I want to beat every Mega Man game :(

Should I be using the Saber or Buster more?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Discount Viscount posted:

Who was it that ran through X6 with no upgrades and taking minimal damage (except where it was necessary since you needed upgrades to avoid it)? I don't think it was an LP thread and I've forgotten the name.

I think I beat two bosses in X6 and just gave up. X5 is a clear step down from X4 but it's still playable and enjoyable. X6's reputation is well-earned.

Ninjedit: Ah right, it was HideofBeast.

Yeah HideofBeast/Violen.

I hope he comes in soon and tells us more about it, because I find his stuff fascinating and was saddened when he stopped commentating on his videos. Reading text is kind of a pain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think it's undeniable Mega Man 1 is kind of a bad game. Didn't Capcom higher ups think so too?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

And on Mega Man 5, I could see a use for some of its weapons even if some are outright inferior to other ones (Rain Flush), but the real problem I always had with using them is that the game's enemy placement feels designed around the mentality that they player is always gonna have a charge shot lined up, like the lions in Napalm Man's stage. Although yeah, I'll admit that I haven't experimented with 5's weapons as well as I could have.

Isn't Rain Flush in 4? (Unless I'm misreading your intended statement)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I've always found X-series weapons more fun, especially since you can charge them. It also helps that the platforming is more dynamic, so things that might not be useful in a classic game can still shine.

Then you get to Mega Man X5 where all of X's weapons are just...gimmicky unfun bullshit :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

raditts posted:

What is the elec cheat?

If you constantly press start after using Thunder Beam, it'll "activate" Thunder Beam on every frame or something, yeah?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, my bad. I have never beaten Mega Man 1 not anime-fied.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Guess why I still haven't finished that game :suicide:.

I "beat" them by using 6 e tanks :unsmith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I didn't realize people hated the bird that much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

What's wrong with X3, besides X's buster upgrade?

Maybe too much poo poo to collect. Did anybody actually care about all the armors, for one?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Avocados posted:

While I love MML1 and 2, 1 happens to be that game I end up replaying once each year. Not sure if it was the nostalgia or whatever, but Kattelox island was far more appealing to play in despite traveling the world in MML2. The introduction of the Main Gate and the Subgates kept things fresh even though you were technically on the same island or whatever.

It's because that poo poo was essentially a Mega Man metroidvania. All of the game's tunnels end up connecting back to each other and it owned.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some Japanese doujin guys just released a "demake" MML3 fangame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owW7SNqjsMQ

You can download it here, password "dash3" : http://firestorage.jp/download/9fbba040557583513191a551739a17d5e67d4239

I am real goddamn surprised it took this long

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

X7 is such a bad game that I threw the disc away in the trash after playing it for about 3-4 hours. People say the game is bad, but you really have no idea until you're playing it yourself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is the fat guy a playable character, I like him a lot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mega Man X3 is a bad video game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

All I wanna know is if the statement that they destroyed and redid the engine for every single NES Megaman release is true or not

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DrPaper posted:

I think a sequel to the PSP game Mega Man Powered Up would be cool.

It's too bad Powered Up sold badly because I think Inafune has gone on record saying he wanted to remake 2 most of all :cry:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Shovel knight is really loving easy though :confused:

Like every single NES Megaman is a drat bit harder.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

X5 would have been a half decent game if not for Alia really but yeah the stage design is a downgrade too.

Basically skip X5-X7 and go straight to X8 after X4.

No don't! X6 is a lovely game with some amazing music. Skip X7 though, because X7 isn't even fun to play in a so bad it's good way. It's just crud.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hobo Siege posted:

Flame Hyenard alone would be enough to condemn X7 as a war crime even if it gave heavenly blowjobs and played like a dream.

Burn.

This is true, because Hyenard is the thing that finally made me quit X7.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There's a Legends/DASH 3 8 bit demake if you haven't played that one yet. At least I think there is, that might've been a dream.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also, gently caress King stage 2. It's the single worst stage in all of the classic series games and makes the turrets boss in Mega Man 2 that require the Crash Bomb seem like good game design in comparison.

You've mentioned the classic series, but how does King stage 2 rank up to any of Gate's stages

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Never played the GBA version. Someone post a screenshot of this please.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I never backed Mighty No. 9 I am probably a terrible megaman fan, well bye

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So much hatred for Mega Man 6 :( I mean it had one good song, Mr X!

Eh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Which Battle Network game has "What a polite young man she was!"? That'll be the one I play.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait did Street Fighter X Mega Man get less bad over time?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

What else do I need, really?

I didn't like the graphics in MM8 and this game reminds me of a lower-res version of those,

The game is known internally as Rockman 8.5. It seriously is Megaman 8 for the poor kids that didn't have a Playstation, really.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Six is good. Alternate paths and different Rush armors. It has ideas, man. It tried. It had heart.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think I remember seeing videos of this fangame from seven years ago

holy poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Literally give us a single Mega Man game that is constantly added upon with DLC. Basically, an endless Mega Man with constant expansion packs. It'll be perfect.

I have a feeling if Mega Man Universe ever came out it was gonna be loaded with DLC.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The solution for dying/dead franchises is give it to Retro.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really like the Legends games but I have a problem with them in that I think it costs way too much money to upgrade the weapons, functionally making most of them useless

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Because Inafune said it and the Internet has made him history's greatest monster.

isn't that chris roberts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

6 is fine but there's no redeeming X3

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm sorry Inafune san but it's....a trainwreck...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

man a networking bug that takes a whole year to fix

i'm no programmer but that must be the hardest bug in the world to crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The latest playable release looked pretty drat mediocre and I'm a person who likes the X games past 4