Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hexmage-SA posted:

Supposedly this is only a hiatus, which usually means "cancelled", but I'd honestly be surprised if the comic really never comes back. It's obvious by the plethora of obscure references (such as Bond Man and Mega Man Shadow) that the creators are huge fans of Mega Man, and there were quite a few references to Mega Man even in the earlier Sonic comics.

With that said, the interviews with the comic team have been confusing. At some points they act like it's only a hiatus, but at others they act like they'll never get to adapt Mega Man 4 (the next game they would have adapted) or use the original characters they created again.

My best guess right now is that maybe Capcom wants them to reboot the comic to tie-in with the planned Mega Man cartoon.

Speaking of megaman comics that surprisingly came back from hiatus, MS Paint Masterpieces is back, and the One Year Later arc looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

shovel knight, cave story

Original cave story, not the steam deluxe version

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think we're going to see too many new indie games "take off" the way they did in the past. There are just too many new indie games in general, you need a pedigree or you're not going to get coverage.

Undertale managed it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If I were gonna pay any fan to do megaman stuff it'd be disgruntled ferret.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rocket Racoon is a pretty good name for a mavrick

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dunno if anyone cares about quest RPs, but there's a currently running maverick hunter game on /qst/

They're up to thread 79 and x3, the archive is here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Maverick%20Hunter%20Quest

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Crystal Man is so uncool that he makes Murata's work less cool by existing.

Crystal man was built because wily was broke and he needed a robot master to get him valuable gems he could sell for cash.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can't tell if genderswapped or anime.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Got Vanquish on the steam sale and its pretty much what I envisioned a 3d megaman x would be

You could make an argument for nier automata too.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

In this brand new Megaman adventure, Roll has been permanently replaced with one of the X Reploids through time travel

But they still need perfectly animated breasts...

MEGAMAN, BASS AND ZERO

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Should have just ripped off the DMC engine in its entirety

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The lead producer of sonic team at least had the smarts to recognize a windfall when he saw one.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Augus posted:

tbf Sigma was a good guy at one point

So was Wily.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0lbez posted:

They should just buy Corrupted from the guy making it and release it on consoles and call it X9, it's better than what we would normally get which is absolutely nothing forever

Just sonic mania that poo poo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's no big mystery. That's how they did the numbers on the box art

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Day in the limelight 2 is the superior version of megaman 2 :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Caphi posted:

Having to do a menu every random encounter would be more tedious.

Make it a 1 square navicust plug in.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dabir posted:

It's not exactly Barkley 2, the guy pops up regularly to show stuff off and it looks fine.

Barkley 2 devwork gets streamed all the loving time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A game where you play as a C-rank hunter and upgrade piece-by-piece would be pretty neat

Or Megaman X-Com

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

G Gundam is a good show.

You know what kills me about that Mega Man X anime included on Maverick Hunter X? It's only one episode. I wish it was a whole series. Ever since I saw the anime cutscenes in X3 and X4 as a kid I badly wanted a Mega Man X anime but sadly it isn't meant to be, I guess.

If they made a whole series, I hope they start with at least a half season establishing that the hunters are top dogs because sigma is such a great guy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jivjov posted:

Have your kills on the bosses get more and more brutal over time, and maybe the last couple bosses strenuously proclaim innocence; the whole game is a descent to where Sigma is at the beginning of X1

Pre-infection, Sigma was basically merciful to a fault. He'd take guys in even if they were obvious psycho killers and try to rehabilitate them, which is why he 1v1ed Zero in melee combat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

theres a mmx game that runs on /qst/ now and then, and the playerbase of that is pretty good

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

amigolupus posted:

All they needed to do was adapt the Archie Megaman comics, is that so much to ask?

Or just adapt Ms Paint Masterpieces, for that matter

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pneub posted:

Woodman's such a lovely idea out-of-context that he wraps back around to endearing.

woodman is fantastic in Day in the Limelight 2, because you just walk into magnetman's stage and no-sell everything he throws at you.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Bold Kobold posted:

So how long until we get a Sonic Forces-style X game where you create your own Maverick Hunter?

Maverick hunter quest is pretty good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kanos posted:

The huge, enormously detailed sprites in MM7 look really great and a modern take on that style with the camera pulled out a bit and the stages opened up a tad would be fantastic.

The MM7 sprites weren't done with a high level of technical skill - in particular, there's a good amount of pillow shading (though not nearly as much as the godawful upscaled mmx sprites they edited for mobile)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

I think Sigma actually got infected by the Zero virus which made him go mad, and after losing his body twice in X1 and X2, he just...became a new sort of virus, and that's the Sigma virus. But all in all it's very complicated and also doesn't make a lick of sense, so :shrug:

The newest retcon is that zero was evil, but being infected by the virus made him so evil he wrapped around to being good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Star Man posted:

Hot take: The Sigma Virus (a floating head of purple energy and bad vibes and icky feelings) is the original cyber elf.

That's canon tho

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok here is something that I am going to actually go what the gently caress about. The description for the first episode preview.

What the hell? Namagem?

The series has too many brobots, and every character has too many names. I think they could have grabbed one of the fifteen or so for a callback

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Light got into Internet Studies, Wily into Robotics in the BN series.
Internet (obviously) won out and Wily basically intended to shove the internet down Humanity's collective throats for it.

It's a tidy single point of divergence - they were at the same university, and to win some international grant only one of their research projects could get funded. Classic timeline got wily's robot research, battle network timeline got light's network research.

Of course at the end of battle network wily chills out and decides to end all internet crime overnight, from prison, and succeeds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Iris is a civilian. As much as mankind is pushing the Police State heavily to include death for reploids having wrongthink, they are not villain enough to jail relatives of rebels.

She is literally running on the same processor as Colonel.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

brand engager posted:

Found some X3 bosses I can beat after a few attempts

what's the thing with the 'F' do? I can't highlight it in the menu. Also there is a pad with an 'X' on it in each stage that doesnt do anything yet

unlocked the frog suit

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

MMX8's big deal is based around reploids built with chips that allow them to copy the appearance of any reploid whose DNA is in the chip.

No I don't know how you get 'reploid DNA'.

It obviously stands for their Digital Neural Architecture

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Going through the old SNES MMX games purely by muscle memory has made me realize a MMX metroidvania would be sick

Do it capcom

there's that guy making mmx corrupted

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

There's a maverick hunter RPG that occasionally runs on /tg/ which mostly manages the difficult task of trying to force the setting to make sense.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Maverick%20Hunter%20Quest

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I distinctly remember appreciating how different the enemy names were when I first played the Zero series, precisely because they seemed more like names an individual person might have, regardless of how weird they were.

When I learned later on that the X series mavericks had a similar naming convention, I was actually a little disappointed.

I really disliked the zero series names because they were unmemorable mashes of syllables

The only ones I can remember of zero's animal bosses are Aztec Falcon and Flame Heatnix, but then I looked it up and it turns out that Heatnix is the Japanese name of an X6 maverick and I haven't even played X6

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Oyster, you're the only one who remembers Challenger From the Future.

challenger from the future is the only story that explains who killed off all the classic era characters: some random time-traveling rear end in a top hat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Mega Man and MMX have always been the series Capcom could make once a year for cheap. It was never going to get the attention of DmC, and if we're being real, it's kind of astonishing that as many X games were as good as they were.

Imagine if they were lazier and just stole 90% of the DMC engine to use for zero gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

cutman isn't weak against the buster though? :confused: