Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Srice posted:

It's probably a third party that wants to use the license.

And honestly even if it wasn't a third party and was Capcom themselves doing it, Kickstarter is a drat good way to gauge consumer interest these days. They can figure out if they'll make a profit before they spend the money.

And probably a board game company that want to ride on the coattails of Keji mighty number 9 success.

I like board games, but I can't imagine how they'd make a boardgame out of Megaman. Itś probably best if they either get shut down or don't reach the target. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I might be a broken record, but if you've ever played Vanquish, it's practically a 3D Mega Man game.

This. With X playing like Vanquish and Zero playing like Revengeance. I'd buy it at a high price.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Why do people say Vanquish is like Mega Man (besides the slide)?

It's a shooter where fight thousands of robots, have a small set of weapons and can slide around in at high speed. If Sam was blue and the robots were weak to certain weapons it would be Megaman.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can talk about MM Zero being released on the NA Wii U VC, if you like.

There's also a MM VC sale running in NA until the 22nd:

MM II/III/IV (3DS) are $1.49 each

MM5/6 (Wii U) are $2.49 each

MM7 (Wii U) is $3.99

Don't tell me it's just for NA. :negative:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DisposableHero posted:

Heck yeah! Mega Man art bros

When I die can I come and haunt that room?

I preordered a megaman amiibo myself, coincidentally the second preorder I ever did. (first being Ike)
The only regret I have is that I'll never have a game to use it on as I don't play ssmb.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 2, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Motto posted:

With both this and Pikmin 3, I don't get why they'd release a demo so long after the full game.

Because it gives them an excuse to not put the game on the EU shop.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I really liked Zero 3 and 4 better than 1 and 2. The ZX games are like Zero, but just managed to miss the mark. Diet Zero if you will.

chumbler posted:

"Cutting chaff" is not a phrase I would associate with Zero 3 or 4. There is so much extraneous stuff in them and too many levels, and the special fourth weapons unique to them are generally pointless and lame. The first two, Zero 2 especially, are super tight with great pacing, and I think Zero 1 mostly pulls off what it's trying to do despite some flaws. All of the games have great music and look good, though, and that has always been a big part of the appeal of the MM franchise at least for me.
The Zero knuckle was so stupid.

KennyMan666 posted:

In almost Mega Man news, looks like Azure Striker Gunvolt is finally coming to the European and Australian eShops next week.
Really? You're not trolling are you?

alcharagia posted:

Do not talk poo poo about the Recoil Rod. Also, Zero 3's implementation of the Cyber Elf system was the best in the series.
What was wrong with the baby elf from 4?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

Zero Knuckle is fine. Y'all need to experiment more.

I like Zero 2 the most because Zero 3 has too many examples of seriously terrible level design, Zero 2 has duds but is far less extreme. I also like leveling weapons, dunno why. It is also such a marked improvement from Zero 1, it brings tears to my eyes.

Zero 4 is fine but it never really clicked with me, I don't even know what the problem is with it. Zero 1 is a worthwhile experiment, but kinda terrible in too many ways to not be on the bottom of the list.

ZX 1 and 2 are unique and I don't think they really need a comparison with the Zero series, much like nobody would start an argument if X1 is more fun than Zero 3 or whatever, that'd be insane. Both are great but different and the only real influence on ranking can be personal opinion.

I didn't like it as a weapon and I remember disliking the majority of the enemy weapons. I'd forgotten about the utility it had. That was rather neat.

KennyMan666 posted:

I sure hope I'm not! We have this that was posted last week and also a picture claiming an April 2nd release date:

This made me very happy. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

So, Proto Man and X costumes for Miis in Smash Bros, and a Mega Man costume for Miis in Mario Kart! I think this bodes well.

Maybe Nintendo is making a Mega man game. :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

"Finally"? I think Capcom jumped on that trend quicker and harder than any of the big AAA publishers.

But didn't the latest financial results show that this is one of their biggest problems? It's just not raking in the money like they had hoped it would?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Megaman: Brave and the Bold?

I would watch the poo poo out of that.

Hopefully they don't make Rush into Scooby.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Some specs/features for the various versions of MN9: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150611

-Cross-buy (but no cross-play) for PS3/4/Vita

-PSTV support TBC

-No cross-buy fro Xbone/Windows 10

-No Mii/Amiibo support for Wii U/3DS

-PS4 remote play, cloud saves, share play, live broadcasting all TBC

-3DS version will have 3D and use the touchscreen, but no streetpass/spotpass

-Wii U version has "gamepad support" (off-tv play, presumably), no motion controls, no Miiverse (why?), Classic Controller support TBC

They should've supported the Megaman Amiibo.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nope. In fact, I enjoy 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 way, way more than I do 1 or 2. I like being able to charge and slide. Mega Man 2 is hugely overrated and isn't nearly as good as people say. Mega Man 1 is probably my least favorite classic game after 8. MM1 just isn't very fun, man.

I agree with you.
I played MM1 as one of the last MM games and it was a terrible experience. Two is okay, but the addition of the charge shot and the slide make it seem so sluggish and primitive.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Thwack! posted:

I am personally a fan of GODKARMACHINE O INARY for their name alone. It's design well... it's something to behold that's for certain.

Why does he have breasts? I thought Bit and Byte were male.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Don't tell robots what gender they are.

Yet somehow the booblights look less feminine. I think it's the nipples the godmachine has.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

They got rid of the enemy transformations and now there are only boss ones IIRC

Was that the feature where Beck partially transformed into the enemy to use it's weapon?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder if MN9 is going to make much extra money for them. Most of the enthusiastic fans already bought it via the kickstarter.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That's one hell of a doofy walk.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Red Ash anime needs more money!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'd play a game where Megaman is :v: to the other robots all the time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Violen's videos are so good/

What's a Violen video?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Enjoy! His SA username is Violen.

:stare: He reminds me why MegaMan games are fun. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/11/mega-man-cartoon-confirmed-coming-2017/

New Mega Man cartoon coming in 2017 which we knew about, but we have a logo now:

It looks strangely retro in a good way.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
They'd better bring the Zero/ZX collection to Switch.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

It inflates into a life-sized bodypillow since Inti knows its audience well.

I'd sleep with that no matter what my wife says about it. :colbert:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mega man 11 was on sale last week. So I bought it. Played it for a bit, managed to defeat fuse man so far. Fun game, nice visuals and I love that I’m getting my rear end kicked. I’ve been playing a lot of Yoshi Crafted world and Kirby with my son, this is something else.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I’ve hardly even used the power gear. I tend to go for the speed gear. Almost feels like cheating.

I’m currently going after bounce (?) man. Lol at the blow up frog mid boss.

I also loved the intro movie. It’s a silly cartoon.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Wrex Ruckus posted:

speed gear's usefulness is more immediately obvious, but power gear makes some of the weapons almost broken

I have only one weapon so far, but Fuse man’s weapon didn’t seem any different?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I rarely use special weapons outside of bosses. What if I run out of energy. The sole exception might be the piledriver man attack that gives you an air dash? That looks insanely useful for stages.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I stopped going after Bounceman and went after Blockman instead.

You know those boss intro's take way too long. Everyone has like an intro sentence. Long silence with pose. Pre kick rear end one liner, strike another pose. Some nothing. Battle starts. I keep wasting my charge trying to get the first shot.

I do love that feeling these games give where the rhythm of the level and the enemies and suddenly just clicks. The spinning boss on the moving floor kept messing me up. And suddenly I got it and aced him only getting hit once and nearly breezed to the end. It's such a good feeling.
I say nearly, because sometimes you just have those moments where you can only laugh at yourself for being stupid. After that second segment with the grinder and those paths you have to slide through you have what looks like a simple jump. Then I hit my head on the ceiling and was launched into the bottomless pit. :shrug:

I reached Blockman, he seems easy but I haven't gotten his trick down yet. In my first battle he kept trying to jump on me but I still came within 4 stripes of his end. But then in my second attempt he just jogged around a bit while I kept shooting him, completely ruining my battleplan so I only got him down halfway. Don't tell me the trick though. I want to find out for myself.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I got my son to play mega man 11 now as well. I didn’t think he’d take to it, because the game can be pretty hard and he likes to think he’s really good.
But he’s been taken in completely. Primary reason is that it’s so clear to him that he’s getting better. With everything being helpfully separated by screens makes it easy so that you’re getting further into the game.

It’s also hilarious to see how different he plays from me, relying a lot on the special weapons I’ve managed to gather instead of the buster. Since I do the opposite I’m actually learning from him.

Now if only I can get him to stop using the analog stick and instead use the +. I don’t understand how he can even play using that stick.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

I used the stick and it worked out pretty decently on the Switch, poo poo, I’m pretty sure I’ve played most of the Megaman games with a stick since the one thing that’s kinda finicky (sliding) was/could be relegated to a button in the versions I’ve beaten.

Glad your son’s enjoying it!

I see him consistently overshooting jumps and missing his slides. I think it's because he has to move the stick completely. I mean I'm an old timer so the + is the most natural thing in the world for me for side scrollers. But he always uses the stick.
Can you use dedicated buttons for slide in 11? Because that would probably save him a load.

It's also been wild seeing him go from doing single shots and standing still to charge, to run and charging at the same time. I'd say the things he struggles with the most are the aforementioned slide mishaps and mixing up his weapon changes with the gears.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Astroboy worked as an anime. :shrug:
Iron Man worked as a movie.

Now just fuse them together and you have a nearly naked metal man flying around with a budget.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wish I Wasn't tired as poo poo of f2p mobile games trying to monopolize my gaming time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I downloaded Dive, because all this talk made me curious. It's...okay? I mean it plays like poo poo on a phone. But otherwise it's pretty okay.
But oh god, why on earth must all those lovely f2p crap be in the way of what would otherwise be an acceptable time waster? Why is there energy? Why are there a million menu's to click through to get a +1. :negative:

Anyway, pulled X, Cinnamon, Black Zero, Marino, Alia, Axl and Pallete.
Any tips before I burn out?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I've already spotted the thing that will get me to drop it in about 3 weeks tops probably. I'm deathly allergic to "redo this node x times to get the shiny metal rear end 10 times to upgrade something"

I'm fairly certain I'm going to enjoy my time with it, up until I start feeling disdain for having something with so much potential utterly f-d over by being mobile f2p.

Tallgeese posted:

Reroll your account until you get both Dive Armor X and Iris -Another- for two different gameplay styles with self-healing. Pity you only have a couple hours to do that before their banners disappear for God knows how long...

That's what I did a couple months ago when I started, and they will carry you through a lot of bullshit.

Not doing this is asking for pain. You really do need somebody with self-heals.
I probably should've done that.

chumbler posted:

You probably also want to just slam everything into one weapon that you like (that isn't melee) while leveling, it looks like, at least for the attack/crit/etc upgrades, since the actual weapon level is cheap to raise while the upgrades rapidly get expensive and seem to make a big difference.

Also Roll.exe is a really good pull for just bulldogging through stuff since she can self heal on a pretty short cooldown.
:( I was afraid someone would say that, but I like my sword

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
X Dive has the tiniest guilds I’ve ever seen.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Decided to check it out based on people here talking about it and it's certainly a predatory mobile game with multiple currencies and wait timers. The gameplay is okay, though.

Very contra feels for me. Gameplay is just entertaining enough. I think I need a better guild. But this is certainly a very f2p mobile game.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
XDive Co-op can die in a fire. There's hardly anyone ever doing them and if they are they're so overleveled compared to me, I can usually just stand still and teleport to the end of the stage when they reach it in 5 seconds. Ah well, easy pickings at least when it does get done. :)

There's so many systems in place to level your char. Cards, chips, actual levels, star ranks, armor pieces, dives, backup weapons, usage. :psyduck: It's positively insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Pictured, a pacifist: