Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Hi there BFC! Here are the rules. I think we've been pretty good at self-policing and I'd like to keep it that way, but if you have any ideas post them here and they will be weighed with the utmost consideration and care.

NEW RULES
  • If you ask for advice please make sure you are prepared to take that advice. DON'T CLOSE YOUR THREADS- someone else might have a related question. E/N rules apply to E/N posts.
  • When making a thread asking for advice, please include: your age, income, assets, debts, financial goals, and anything else that might relate to your situation. Make sure you read through the first couple of pages before posting - there are a lot of megathreads here that might be the best place to post your question.
  • The unofficial (completely unofficial, nothing official about this) discord link: https://discord.gg/Dfr7A6B Don't post about discord stuff here, don't import drama, don't ask us to moderate poo poo happening on discord.

OLD RULES

Megathread Links

quote:

Welcome to the new business and finance forum! Feel free to talk about all money-related matters in here, from stocks to starting up a business. Of course we're not liable for any information you read in here, so if you go bankrupt and get thrown in jail then it's your own fault!

Here are the rules. These are subject to change and mutate at any time:

These are BAD THINGS. You will get banned or put on probation for them:
  • No Pyramid Schemes.
  • No Referral Schemes.
  • No Ponzi Schemes.
  • No MLM's.
  • No "Matrix's".
  • No "Get Rich Quick" Bullshit. This includes some of the latest scammy referral schemes involving referring users to new stock or bank accounts for money. These are all pyramids or ponzis of one variety or another.
Here are the GOOD THINGS. You are encouraged to post about :
  • Affiliate Marketing, whether its your own site or big programs like CPAEmpire and Azoogle. If you're trying to get your foot into the door, affiliate marketing is the closest things out there to the lifeblood of the internet.
  • General Marketing advice for new businesses.
  • Internet Marketing, including Blogs, PPC, SEO, and other methods of promotion via the internet.
  • Stock Trading Tricks and Tips, whether it's Fundamental Analysis or Technical Analysis, we want to see some solid Stock advice threads!
  • Savings, Bonds, Money Markets, CD's, etc. How to properly store your money and get something in return.
  • Investments, whether they're in Real Estate, Hedge Funds, or even dropping money on other corps, we'd like to know what you think is hot or what you think is not.
  • Basic Financial Advice for those who need help balancing their checkbooks every month.
  • Job offers for those who need work.
  • Resume discussions and critiques.
  • Basic credit building or rebuilding advice.
  • Advice on Applying for any sort of credit, from Home Mortgages to Credit Cards.
  • Finally, anything and everything about corporation formation and effective uses of corporations both in the USA and overseas. If managed right, these can be very beneficial from a financial and legal standpoint.

moana fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

scribe jones posted:

I hate to be a snitch but could this thread get reopened please?
Done :)

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Triple Tech posted:

Just wondering, what's the status on the "all encompassing personal finance advice" thread. :allears: You know, where we always say pay your debts ranked by interest, max out your 401k, etc.
Not sure, I'll ask guaranteed when she thinks it'll be ready. We'll try to have it up in time for New Year's resolutions :shobon:

moana
Jun 18, 2005

The second one you posted got that poster probation already. If you have a problem with a post, that's what the report button is for. Use it or email/PM me.

I'll open the thread back up.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Who knows? Go for it!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I don't recall one off the top of my head, so go right ahead!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Do it!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

moana posted:

Do it!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Just post your question in the Newbie thread. It's at the top of the page.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

cuntvalet posted:

I'd like to make a "should I take this job?" post asking for advice. Would it be better off here or over in E/N?
We love financial E/N threads here, post away.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Everybody gets one thread in BFC, go ahead and make it! I would also go and ask in the NYC thread in T&T since they might have a better idea of NYC-specific stuff.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Blackjack2000 posted:

Doing a quick look at the first couple of pages, I don't see a real estate megathread aside from the house buying thread. Is there also room for a investment property / rental / house flipping megathread?
Sure, go ahead, as long as it's informative you should be fine.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Done.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

It was deleted due to drama, they made an offshoot site here: http://eroticauthorforum.com/

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Blue Story was either a troll or not, if she was not, then she was possibly the most BWM person alive and also the worst parent alive. She and her husband spent all their money on Star Wars figurines and lovely art and concert T-shirts and couldn't figure out how to cook oatmeal and also once she got pregnant wouldn't stop eating deli meat and her husband was semiautistic and "allergic to vegetables" and oh my loving god, I hope she was a troll.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I promise I won't yell at you but I can't say anything about these other hooligans.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

idiot of the legal system posted:

Is this the right forum to ask about people's experiences in social work?
Sure, maybe in the "career path" thread but I don't think anyone will get butthurt if you want to make your own thread with questions about it.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

some_admin posted:

Is there an ethical banking thread? Any recommended resources for finding one?
It's a topic that comes up in other threads, generally the advice is to use a local credit union if you can.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I miss him already :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Red posted:

Is posting a referral link okay if it's not part of a 'scheme'?
I don't know, is it going to annoy people or turn a thread into a bunch of people posting their referral links? I'd say if someone asks for a referral link to something (like that HM Bradley account deal) then you can just PM them your link. If nobody is asking, then don't post a link. Does that work?