Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'd love a Freelancing thread. I'm finally at a stage in my career where I've got enough free time to maintain a side hustle in addition to my main job, so I'd love a place to discuss best practices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'm a journalist by training, but I've been doing content marketing and a little bit of technical writing for the past year or so. The one huge thing I've figured out is that you should never compete on price as a freelancer; not only is it a self-defeating prospect but the clients you attract by being cheap are almost assuredly not the kind of clients you want. I suppose I could take a crack at a freelancing megathread OP, but a lot of what I'd have to say is advice I've gotten from other people. It's not like I've been doing this for a long time.