Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This is the greatest day in the history of our sport!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Like Harlem heats theme being in a kids in the hall sketch.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I remember reading there was some strange commentary rules for the announcers especially in regards to foreign objects in wcw. What was the weird wording they used? Or am I crazy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol thank you

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I will always pop for the torture rack. Rack em Lex :unsmith:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is that austin and sting?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Best move to do to your friends too.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The nWo shirt is timeless I will wear mine till it falls off me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bookers is used in a kids in the hall sketch and it always pops me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i want this game
https://youtu.be/HCOYOPssiqs

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Please link the nitro stream

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nws very hunky photos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SOOqdRCUI

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Does anyone know when they announced the second 89 steamboat flair match would be 2 out of 3 falls? Ive been watching the tv promos and segments after the first match but I never heard anything about the stip and neither have mentioned it. Maybe its on an ep I can't find online or possibly a house show.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ivs always wanted that sweater

Davros1 posted:

It was at least mentioned the week of in a TV Guide ad

This is very cool thank you. I still haven't figured it out

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Apparently this has been floating around Twitter lmao wtf

Is that really Hogan? The tattoos don't look right and neither dose his face. Maybe I'm just not awake enough yet

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

So there isn't like a general classic wrestling thread, is there? I'd almost be tempted to start one since I'm sure I'm not alone in the ranks of people who'd love to watch, request, and recommend classic angles, matches, and feuds.

This post is at least still tangentially related to WCW though because part of what I'm enoying about Memphis wrestling is a man important to both it, WWF, and WCW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3WwqXTfAm4

Bobby Heenan seems to be mostly regarded as the greatest manager of all time. with people like Heyman or Cornette after him. But I found a random interview from Jacques Rougeau the other day and, funnily enough, he is talking about how Jimmy Hart is the greatest wrestling manager of all time. Just feels like his greatest work isn't as well known to a lot of people. But I'm loving him.

I started a territory thread but its dead so make one, I watch old wresting still.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jimmy is as good as Heenan to me. Mostly because this song lives in my brain

https://youtu.be/mFk0viRI7Ok

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sting should have whooped Nick Patrick's rear end preferably live on nitro

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

The World Championship Wrestling show that premiers in 1985 is head and shoulders above the wide world of wrestling and mid-atlantic show.

David Crockett is a terrible announcer.

Edit: the 2nd iteration of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew is also insanely racist. The amount of racist poo poo the Anderson say to the Raging Bull and Thunderbolt is insane.

it sucks watching old jcp or Memphis and all of a sudden its time for the most obscure southern slurs block.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

^thank you for posting my favorite song

im thinking about all the old footage the wwe owns that they will probably never release and its getting me really hot!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I know who Jerry "The King" Lawler the announcer is, but not his wrestler side. I absolutely do not know who Jimmy Hart, but googling I recognize his picture. I might eventually get into WWF stuff, but right now I'm just watching WCW.

good news then! hes there in 1994ish

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

robinson would have counted right!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i don't think arquette was the problem tbqh

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thinking about what a heyman booked 2000 wcw looks like. its hard

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

we should have a ecw nostalgia thread to complement this one

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

eric as raw gm and early nWo is way better than russo to me.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he did a top rope stomp sometimes and landed on dudes chests stiff legged. absolutely brutal stuff

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it was the second rope not top

https://youtu.be/rAV1BTUxs3c

@3:45

still looks brutal imo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im gonna come out and say it. i dont think the reverse streak is bad just wcw hosed it up.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

There’s a comic store in a small Okanagan town that I’ve gone to every summer vacation for the last 20-something years. The first time I ever went there (so ~1999) they had a set of WCW Matchbox cars for sale, specifically Raven, Glacier and (for a time) Kevin Nash. I don’t know the last time I saw the Kevin Nash car, it was at least ten years ago, but that Raven car and that Glacier car did not move.

For the first ten years or so it was something I ignored, every year I knew they would be there and every year when I went inside, there they were.

About 5 years ago I decided “No, this year is the year. This is the year i buy the Glacier Car and the Raven Car”. What better home could they have? But every year i went in to that store, for some reason, it felt like a challenge. “Well they’re still here this year, maybe they’ll still be here next year?”

So I pushed it. Every year I went into that store and those stupid WCW cars were there it was like a comfort blanket, over the years multiple friends and lovers had come and gone, but every year, no matter what, Glacier and Raven were there.

Until the summer of 2022

Last vacation I walked in that store, a few things had changed or moved around. There were less comics, the back issues were gone, in their place a bunch of board games that I guess people play.

But in that back section, sandwiched in between the old Spawn toys and Star Wars, there was a void.

They were gone

I now, truly, know the meaning of the word regret.

You snooze you lose op
*crashes my raven car into my glacier car with glee*
ya snooze ya lose

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tato posted:

• Multiple Kevin Nash masks and Halloween costumes
• Kevin Nash clocks, erasers, pencils, keychains, VHS tapes, napkins, party supplies, etc

can i access this store online i think a big sexy clock and matching red leather NASH pants will fill a hole in my soul.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

titties posted:

Terry Bollea has a small penis but Hulk Hogan has a very large penis

-Terry Bolea offering testimony in court

this was the best part about all this, the hulkster packing by law now.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i know the answer is going to be yes but did they really air his 911 call?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

would have loved the spice girls on nitro they could have fought the kiss demon in a main event battle!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Out of the 2, I think Ric Flair is better than Hulk Hogan.

in what sense?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Flair is quadruple the wrestler Hogan is in every metric except pythons brother.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he had pretty big arms at times but yah pre crash flair is a beefcake

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

no mercy has fps issues with 4 people making wm2000 and revenge superior

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Welp time to find some good emulators because y’all have given me the desire to revisit all my favorite old wrestling games.

Where my ECW ANARCHY RULZ heads at

i played a horrible amount of wwf additude and i have no nostalgia for that engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

fr0id posted:

It’s been 20 years. It’s the bar none best engine ever made. I can’t believe it’s only now that someone is redoing it.

there is/was a pc version being worked on by some dude. Im with you it never should have left.