Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

One of my favourite parts of the wwe games is making guys like Nash do suicide dives and Canadian destroyers and poo poo. Not sure what this has to do with anything.

Tall Paul doing insano tilt-a-wirl head scissors is my favorite thing to do since like WWF 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I agree, they were my favourite tag team when I was younger. But I missed this ventriloquist dummy thing, what the hell is that all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqNQQP50IVo&t=71s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01lce1lh27o&t=4s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's kinda been Terry's thing his entire career. His brother Dory Funk Jr was the professional wrestler with the amateur background and nwa champ. And Terry was his younger wilder brother. He'd come into a territory before Dory and act like a crazy man and when the top guy would beat him it would get folks thinking oh maybe he can beat Dory too.

Eventually I'd argue that Terry became more famous than Dory at least to my generation. His crazy man persona was only amplified by his work in Japan and ECW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Fall Brawl '89. Who thought Ranger Ross vs Sid Vicious was a good idea?

And lmao at advertising Halloween havoc '89. Feels like they are undercutting the clash that was happening.

someone is supporting the server costs with your av change costs alone

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that is an absurdly low amount to offer any performer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The giant did insane poo poo like a top rope missle dropkick

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was one of maybe four people that liked big shows ecw title run

I loved it. He looked like a monster fighting children and old men

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NameHurtBrain posted:

Has anyone actually tried to push a heel who is legitimately good at wrestling(kayfabe wise)? IE, they always win clean. But they remain heel because they're absolute loving shitbags about it. Just super arrogant, milking cheap heat, go over the top heel just that they technically win by the book?

Like, even Kurt Angle was a cheating little poo poo most of the time.

All that comes to mind is technically monster heel initial megapushes, in which I guess they technically don't break any rules. But I'm thinking of literally more a Kurt Angle type.

Mike Awesome ECW World Champ

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh man I really like this old cursy peter wellers. Last time I saw him he was doing stand ups for a show on History Channel International sitting in the stone tub of some archeological dig. So now I have these two waring images of him in my mind and I think I love them both.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I loved Shane Douglas you fuckers

gently caress shane, and shane hosed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Frog isn't even that big really

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wait xpac wasnt in the wolfpac what the hell

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Halloween Havoc 1996 is one of my favorite bad wrestling shows ever because it just nosedives off a hilarious cliff at some point and ends with Piper debuting and cutting a promo that goes so long the PPV ends mid-word

When people say aew has hit wcw levels they show they just don't know the history

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sting in the rafters looking down on the WCW crowd like God

this is the image in my head of Sting in the rafters. Looking down, disdain in his eyes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

haunted bong posted:

idk why everyone is doubting the Hulkster when there’s photographic evidence of his MMA career:

He looks like a citizen of Innsmouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1466039506499518466