Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unit 112
Apr 11, 2007
we are our own wicked gods
The other day while working on a deep dream virtual machine, I started attempting to process video.
However, I cannot get any of the online tips and tricks to get me past step one, which can be done in two different ways.But the punchline is still the same. I pull the frames out of the video, then use the a dreamify command to process the folder instead of one image at a time.
This is supposed to be an easy step, but I'm simply stumped, and posting in the general programming questions thread made me realize that this would probably be easier to solve if I could team up with somebody to try to figure it out.
I am offering money, but I don't know how much to ask for.
If this seems like something that you would be interested in helping me solve, shoot me a PM, and we can burn bridges from there.

Edit: didn't realize I needed to turn on private messages after buying plat.
Furthermore: In a sentence. My problem is that I'm working in a unix virtual box environment on my windows 7 machine, trying to use a bash file to process all of the items of said folder, but there are errors being generated that I don't understand how to solve.
Edit: Edit: Edited the edit.

Unit 112 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Languages I've used: C++ (way rusty), C#, PERL (way rusty), PHP, SQL, Bash scripting, HTML, CSS, Javascript (some jQuery, some Angular, getting back up to speed), a bunch of hobbyist languages (BlitzMax, Monkey-X, Stencyl)
Languages I'm actually pretty OK with: PHP, SQL (largely MySQL, some PostgreSQL), C# (kind of dependent on Visual Studio), HTML, CSS
Frameworks: Laravel 4/5, much more 5 these days; Selenium (been a while, but I've built a couple of extensive apps with it in the past); basic Angular.js; a tiny bit of Kohana
Other things: I'm competent with Linux. I am comfortable using the command-line, installing and maintaining software (with or without a package manager), managing users and groups, monitoring resource usage, and other standard Linux admin stuff. I've also done Windows admin work, but not as recently, and not as extensively.
Things you like to do: I like to learn. New things excite and motivate me. I prefer backend development to frontend development. I enjoy extracting, sorting, aggregating, and manipulating data. I like information-heavy projects.
Availability: All of it. All the availability.

A few projects I've posted about here on Something Awful:
Pick a Prez - website currently offline, but screenshots in thread
L-system fun More
Typeracer stats analyzer - also currently offline, but screenshots exist in thread
My implementation of Roger Alsing's EvoLisa
Some image filter stuff

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 17, 2015

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
See new post.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 24, 2016

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
JOB OFFER

So I just started (haven't even started yet) putting together a new team and we're looking for talented devs with innovative ideas. We're an insurance company (not health/auto) that's looking to build mobile/web apps to tap into some under-marketed demographics.

This team is going to be relatively small (right now we have our ideas guy/corporate liaison, a designer, and myself), and we have (basically) been given the directive that we work however we want to get product out. Methodologies are flexible and resources are nigh unlimited, so it's a good place if you're looking to get out of a rut.

I'm pretty flexible with languages and frameworks right now. I'm primarily a .NET guy, and we're probably going to start out using Xamarin to build our apps (because right now I'm the sole developer so I'm going with what I can get up quickly), but all ideas are welcome. Down the line we're going to have to interface with some of our internal applications (written/maintained by teams in Richmond, Chicago, and San Antonio) but we have already laid the foundations for a dedicated team to deal with creating integration apps that will talk in JSON which should let us change things up as we go.

This really is a great opportunity and I would LOVE to get some of the ridiculous talent I see on this subforum on board.

I'm not sure what the deal would be with relocation and all that but the benefits are really good and the work environment seems to be pretty awesome.

Contact: let me know (justin.steranko@gmail.com) or send resume/cover letter directly (futureofinsurance@gmail.com)

edit: here's the posting for a Front End position:

Front End Developer, NYC

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 5, 2015

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I have a small tabletop RPG called Base Raiders - it's a superhero game where characters can design their own superpowers. This is one of the trickier parts of the system and I'd like to create a web app where people can easily calculate how much their superpowers cost. Essentially, I want to create page 1 from this PDF on a web page http://www.baseraiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Base_Raiders_Skill.pdf

People click on the trappings they want and the page tells them how many skill points it costs. For example, Shoot + Notice costs 5 skill points, but Shoot + Notice + Willpower costs 6 points. There are a few special trappings - minions and variable, and there are extras that modify skill costs.

Please PM me if this sounds interesting and you can give me a quote. I'd like to host it on baseraiders.com which uses wordpress, but it doesn't need to be a plugin or anything like that.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Manning Publications is looking for a JavaScript developer to work on an interesting multimedia web application. This is a full time, remote position.

You should have a couple of major JS-based projects under your belt. You will probably be the only front end developer and you should feel comfortable delivering without close supervision, in a team that's spread all over the world. Bonus points for:
- back end skills (we use Grails + Groovy)
- experience with remote, dislocated teams
- project management experience

We offer salary based on skills/experience, flexible working hours, and of course access to our books.

PM me or ozha at manning dot com

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

clockworkjoe posted:

I have a small tabletop RPG called Base Raiders - it's a superhero game where characters can design their own superpowers. This is one of the trickier parts of the system and I'd like to create a web app where people can easily calculate how much their superpowers cost. Essentially, I want to create page 1 from this PDF on a web page http://www.baseraiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Base_Raiders_Skill.pdf

People click on the trappings they want and the page tells them how many skill points it costs. For example, Shoot + Notice costs 5 skill points, but Shoot + Notice + Willpower costs 6 points. There are a few special trappings - minions and variable, and there are extras that modify skill costs.

Please PM me if this sounds interesting and you can give me a quote. I'd like to host it on baseraiders.com which uses wordpress, but it doesn't need to be a plugin or anything like that.

This may be small enough for the 'Request a Small App' thread. See http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2415898

alanthecat
Dec 19, 2005

Job seeker

Languages: Java, Objective-C
Frameworks: GWT
Things you like to do: I made a neat events and news aggregator that I released iOS apps for UCD, UCC, NUIG and Trinity for. I've the equivalent Facebook app up for DCU, QUB, UL, Maynooth and DIT. I also released a Chrome extension for schools to enable SafeSearch and a tiny utility for notifying users to reboot their computers when Group Policy updates are waiting.
Experience: I work as a windows sysadmin mostly. I've done dev work for a couple of healthcare companies, the Law Society and made WordPress websites. I won a few hackathons this year and have a healthy GitHub.
Education: DCU – Electronic Systems, Trinity – Technology and Learning, and UCD – Computer Science.
Availability: Nearly full-time. I'm trying to get a startup going so I'm not looking for a career ladder job, rather something I can do for the next six months with some flexibility to take time off for meetings when necessary (e.g. I'll be in Startup Scaleup accelerator which needs a day/month).
Why: I get paid well where I work but the work is reactive rather than proactive, somewhat thankless and isn't about to change. I also know I can earn a lot more than I'm currently getting by doing a role that's more relevant to my future.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Jo posted:

This may be small enough for the 'Request a Small App' thread. See http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2415898

I was looking for that thread but I thought it was in here. Sorry! Anyway, I've had some people respond to it, so I'll talk to them. Thanks!

zerofunk
Apr 24, 2004
Starting to look around for something new, so yeah... I've been working as a software developer for nearly 10 years. I currently live in London, but I'm a US citizen. So I would require visa sponsorship. Not sure how much of an issue that's going to be at this point.

Languages: C#, SQL, a little Ruby. Somewhat familiar with Java and C as well, but I haven't done anything with them in a long time. Lately I've been spending some free time learning Swift. Dabbled in some other languages. And lots of PB, but no one cares about that.
Things you like to do: I definitely prefer more back-end oriented work. Professionally, I've done a lot of fat client desktop app work, so I don't necessarily mind front end or I probably wouldn't still be doing it. Mostly I'm looking for a new challenge with interesting work and a good team.
Availability: Full time
Contact: username @gmail.com and PM (didn't even realize I had that)

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

Stitch Labs is hiring in San Francisco, CA.

Open Positions

We're looking for front-end developers, back-end developers, automated test engineers, and have a req out for a data engineer, data scientist, and a devops.

We're a 50+ employee startup that is continuing to grow. We're looking for engineers to move upmarket and scale our product to mid market customers in the multichannel ecommerce automation market.

Just to say a little something about our existing product, here's the pitch:

You're selling t-shirts on the internet and you're a Stitch customer. With Stitch your purchase orders will be automatically generated when your stock runs low. Your suppliers will automatically ship these items directly to your warehouse location. When you sell your t-shirts on your channel (say Ebay for example), Stitch helps you manage the fulfillment process. If your inventory is warehoused in Amazon FBA, it is automatically shipped for you to your Ebay customer. If you want to start selling your t-shirts on Shopify, Amazon, or Ebay for example, you can publish those products at the click of a button. Stitch also updates the inventory levels on all of your sales channels automatically as orders come in, so that you never oversell. If you want to do a flash sale and offer a lot of inventory at 50% off, we have pricing features that let you do this in one-click for multiple sales channels. You can transfer stock in and out of FBA from our app. We also provide sales forecasting and can predict the sales and growth of your business and at the same time offer at least 40+ reports that offer you a detailed look at your multi channel sales. We can move all of your sales data to Quickbooks or Xero come tax season so it's a snap to do your paperwork.

We process more than 200,000 orders daily and it's a really fun challenge to scale the product as we grow. Shoot me a PM or apply on the website if you're interested.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Stitch-Labs-Reviews-E966663.htm <-- I also think it's a pretty great place to work :)

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
Praesidio is hiring in Seattle, WA

Job Posting

We need another engineer to help us make security data useful to our customers. If you want to solve hard problems and work on greenfield projects, join our company!
Our cloud backend is Java 8 running on Linux, and our frontend is Angular.js. We use Elasticsearch, Chef, PostgreSQL, and loads of AWS services. We release updates to our services multiple times a week and move quickly. If you have infosec experience, we’d really love to talk to you!

Qualifications:
2+ years software engineering experience
Linux experience
Familiarity with version control

Nice to haves:
Information security experience
Computer science background (BS/MS degree or self-taught)
4+ years software engineering experience
Java and Javascript experience

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Language: Python
Things you like to do: Data Analysis/Visualization, Machine Learning, Math
Looking for: An entry level Data Engineering or Software Engineering role.
Availability: Full time
Background: Math MS, self-taught in CS. I have a GitHub and project website that I'd be happy to show you.

Chomposaur fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 5, 2015

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm graduating this semester so it's job hunt o'clock. Woo! I figure I'm mostly qualified for entry-level stuff.

Pittsburgh area. Sort of. I'll talk about specifics if you really want. Willing to relocate.

Languages and Stuff
I'm getting pretty good with C#. I've used C++, Java, JavaScript, MATLAB, and Processing for classes. I've dabbled in random things including HTML, SQL, CSS, D, ActionScript, and such.
I'm learning my way around Unity3D and have so far made some bad game jam games and a less bad roguelike base. My course work in college included the standard CS stuff but also AI and a lot of math. I know my way around calculus and discrete math. I'm doing linear algebra right now.
I know my way around Photoshop and have also used InDesign and Illustrator. I've tinkered with most of the other Adobe products but not done much with them.
I also have a basic knowledge of electronics.

Education
I'll be getting a BS in computer science with a math minor. I'll also have a BFA. For that I mostly worked with clay. I tend toward a grungier, less clean style aesthetically.

Things I Like to Do
To be honest I haven't found a programming topic I haven't liked yet. My biggest interests seem to be AI and games. I've done a lot of that in my spare time and it has taught me many, many things that probably apply elsewhere.

Availability
Starting in mid-December after I graduate. I'm stupidly busy this semester wrapping up the requirements of my degrees and don't have time to work. After that I haven't snagged a job yet so I'm open to being snagged. I would not be opposed to remote or freelance work.

Contact
PM me here or e-mail me at my username at gmail.

katzinator
Apr 20, 2007
This food is making you crazy
Job Opening(s)

I work for a very new, very exciting automotive company in Los Angeles. We're hiring like crazy and need folks (junior, senior, everything in between) who can write great embedded C/C++ (plus some degree of scripting would be nice). Since we're growing like crazy, you'll need to wear all sorts of wacky proverbial hats. Automotive experience is a huge plus, but not a hard requirement.

Competitive pay/benefits/free lunch, blah blah blah. Email me your resume (myusername (at) gmail (dot) com) or PM me.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
Job Offer:
I need help designing a specific but pretty simple app. I want to use an old android phone as a bed side alarm clock. So I want to run an alarm clock app and make there no way to turn down the volume or close the app or turn the phone off until I have done whatever the app requires I do to make it stop. So I am not sure if this requires an actual app or coding. Or if someone just knows how to do this that would be appreciated as well.

Basically I just want to use an app or something to put my phone in a mode where it can't do anything but run the alarm clock app undisturbed.

Let me know if this is completely stupid.

Doctor Party fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 19, 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Doctor Party posted:

Job Offer:
I need help designing a specific but pretty simple app. I want to use an old android phone as a bed side alarm clock. So I want to run an alarm clock app and make there no way to turn down the volume or close the app or turn the phone off until I have done whatever the app requires I do to make it stop. So I am not sure if this requires an actual app or coding. Or if someone just knows how to do this that would be appreciated as well.

Basically I just want to use an app or something to put my phone in a mode where it can't do anything but run the alarm clock app undisturbed.

Let me know if this is completely stupid.

Have you just looked at the wide variety of android alarm apps? AFAIK, most of them do exactly that sort of stuff.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Thermopyle posted:

Have you just looked at the wide variety of android alarm apps? AFAIK, most of them do exactly that sort of stuff.

Or just, you know, an alarm clock? It sounds like you want an alarm clock that can't be used as a phone, and it's only $20 for one of those.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I think there's a few apps out there that make you solve a math problem or two before it unlocks.

To be honest, a good idea is just leave your normal phone alarm on the other side of the room (or at least, out of reach of bed). Definitely helps!

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Language: Javascript mostly, but also Java, Python, C, SQL, Haskell, PHP.
Things you like to do: Front-end with AngularJS and React, full-stack web, functional programming.
Looking for: Mostly full-stack web or front-end role, where most of my experience is. Would also be cool with pivoting and trying other kinds of development, if you don't mind someone starting relatively fresh.
Availability: Full time.
Background: I've been a full-time developer for 2 years, following 3 years part-time while getting my CS degree. I've done small greenfield LAMP projects; work with JAX-RS; SPA's made in Backbone, Angular, React, and jQuery UI.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hi folks! We're looking to hire an iOS Engineer at Plated.

What's Plated?
Plated is a subscription based meal delivery company. You sign up, select the recipes you'd like to receive that week (and when you'd like them) and we send you a box containing all of the ingredients, pre portioned, along with the recipe for you to cook at home. We pride ourselves in allowing our users to select whichever recipes they'd like to receive each week.

Where are you located?
Our headquarters is in NYC, located in the Flatiron district. We do have fulfillment centers across the country in the Bronx, Miami, Oakland and Chicago, but technology is all in NYC.

What sort of iOS Engineer are you looking for?
We're looking for a mid-level engineer. 2-5 years of professional experience in the mobile market would be great.

What kind of person are we looking for?
Someone who enjoys food and wants to work in a *insert whatever startup buzzword you'd like* environment (on site only, no remote). We're currently a very small iOS team (I'm the Lead and we have a product owner and designer), so we need people who are confident in their abilities and willing to take initiative on matters. I can't stand being micromanaged and will not micromanage you.

What is your tech stack?
Our iOS app is 100% native and written completely in Swift. We use Cocoapods for third party dependency management, Fabric/Crashlytics for crash reporting and alpha builds, and Fastlane to automate both our builds/tests/deployments to Crashlytics and TestFlight. We value our analytics data highly and use it as a guiding principle when coming up with our work - we do our best to track everything we can. We A/B test when applicable but don't use it as a crutch to prevent actual innovation.

The job posting is located here: http://plated.applytojob.com/apply/juSt7g/IOS-Engineer
Our app is here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plated-dinner-recipes-ingredients/id954364666?mt=8

Please feel free to reach out to me via PM here, or shoot me an email at bay.phillips@gmail.com

Thanks!

Doh004 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 17, 2016

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Location: Perth West Australia, Will work remotely if necessary
Language: Python, ObjC, PHP, Javascript, Forth, C/C++, Super rusty Scheme, Pascal/Delphi, C#, COBOL (But no I wont do COBOL. PTSD man, PTSD). Various lovely old mainframe languages.
Things you like to do: I have a serious hard on for Django projects and IOS projects. I'm also pretty good with Linux devops.
Looking for Mostly back end work.
Background: I've been working on and off as a coder since the mid 1990s.

Looks like the company I was temping at is returning my job to the old guy who was there. Welp, hire me, kids. You need a certified greybeard in your computers right now.

Bonus fact The australian dollar is garbage right now. That makes me cheap.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 17, 2016

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Multi-National Management Consulting Company is looking to build local talent in Big Data.

We are looking for someone with a technical background in small data, who wants to join a growing management consulting firm, to learn Big Data first hand at a large, multi-national bank.

Big Data Experts are expensive, so we would rather build our own. Note that we are NOT a technical staffing firm; you must desire a career as a Management Consultant. This means looking good in business wear, having decent communication skills, and not being a TOTAL goon.

Boston. This is hugely important: you must either have a car and live with driving distance, or live on the Red Line. Moving to Boston IS NOT EASY! Housing here is expensive and hard to find.

Languages/Technical skills

No hard requirements, as long as you have a development background with data and/or reporting. SQL, Relational DBs, Cubes, it's all good. Java development is a plus.
The only specific skill that would be nice is the ability to convert JCL file transformations into SQL/Java routines.
Whatever the specifics of your skill set, we are looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience.

Assignment:
We are building an end-to-end Big Data Environment for a retail bank based in Boston. The project is just starting, and we have one more spot on the team to fill. We have Big Data skills sets on the team already, so we have people you can learn from.

Availability:
Full time employment with my consulting firm. Full bennies.

Please PM me a link to your LinkedIn account.

This might be a shot in the dark, but you never know.
Thank you!

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 19, 2016

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Job Opening

I recently (December 1st) started working at what I consider to be the best development job I've ever had. Everyone is engaged, cares and really smart but most of all very easy to get along with and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed and leadership does an amazing job at equipping us with everything we need and getting out of our way. It's hard to say enough good things but only havign been here for four months I have never been more engaged or enjoyed coming into work more. As an example, today is a "Culture Day" so there is a catered lunch, we were greeted with "HAPPY CULTURE DAY!" while being shot with nerf guns as we got off the elevator this morning, there was a Cereal Bar for breakfast and we are knocking off work at about 3pm today to drink beer and play Mario Kart.

We have roughly 50-75 people combined in our Product / Development / QA teams. We work in small cross-functional teams with teams being typically made up of 2-3 developers (usually one front end) + 1QA + 1BA. Most if not all of us use a kanban work flow which has been a serious breath of fresh air since my last job was essentially Waterfall in Sprints.

Our Application
Our application is a investment reporting web application.

Our Stack
.NET 4.5 (with research being done to transition to CoreFX when it becomes viable)
WebAPI 2
EF6
MS SQL 2012
Old stuff uses KnockoutJS, new stuff uses React

What We Are Looking For
Solidly mid-to-senior level developers with a specialty in either front or back end development. Everyone here is capable of full stack development and no one will tell you not to work on something, but you have the opportunity to focus on a particular area if that is your thing. We have a lot of developer spots coming open, particularly if working on API / customer integration is your thing!

Whatever tools you need will likely be provided. We have a corporate Pluralsight account, I didn't even have to ask for ReSharper and I got a license for it. LINQPad is a fixture. If there is something you need and you can provide a decent justification it isn't stretch to get it.

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Language: I teethed on C++, then branched into Python, C, C#, HTML, CSS, JavaScript (both language and frameworks like jQuery/Node.js/Socket.io)

Things you like to do: Web apps, desktop apps, games. I enjoy clean, simple, intuitive UI design/development/testing as well as back-end databasing. Lately I've been doing webdev certifications at the likes of freecodecamp where I spend most of my time answering questions and helping others.

Availability: Part-time and one-off projects of all shapes/sizes

Background: I grew up fascinated by computers and then got more into networking / IT as a career path; recently I began coding in earnest again and would like to pick up additional coding jobs where possible.

beauty queen breakdown fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 25, 2016

Minus Pants
Jul 18, 2004
JOB OFFER

Looking for a remote contract dev to build a backend restful service. Most of it is standard CRUD, but there's a large driver scheduling component (traveling salesman problem with some extra constraints), automated email management, and at least one websockets endpoint for realtime notifications. Experience with testing frameworks and map APIs is a big plus. Open to most of the tech stack, but Python is preferred. DB is Postgres.

Languages: Preferably Python, but would consider Elixir or Go or others if you address my pile of concerns about library support.

Availability: Contract, 30-40hrs/wk. There's some flexibility here if you want a part-time gig though.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Job Opening

Languages: JavaScript, HMTL, CSS

Job posting: http://authenticjobs.com/jobs/27040/junior-front-end-engineer

I'm hiring a full time time Javascript developer (junior to mid-level Front-end Engineer). We're a software consulting company currently working on app for the Real Estate industry. It's probably the best job I've ever had. You'll get to work alongside myself and another Javascript developer building apps in React, Node, and whatever else you think makes sense for the job. We're fully remote, which means meetings on Slack, management through Trello and GitHub. Ideally looking for someone who wants to learn a lot and grow as a developer.

PM me or just apply to the posting.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Job Opening - Web Developer at a pretty fun and relaxed 35 person ad agency.

Jackson, Mississippi (no remote work at this time although I'm inquiring)

Job Posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/120464837

Qualifications (I didn't write any of this - I'm VFX - just passing it along):

3+ years experience in website/application design and development
Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
Passion to experiment with new development techniques
Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
Strong Frontend HTML/JS/CSS skills
Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
Experience with PHP frameworks (such as Laravel)
Experience with AJAX and XML
LAMP stack proficiency
Linux administration
Experience integrating APIs
Experience working with, extending, and integrating Content Management Systems (predominantly WordPress)
Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
Self-motivated problem solver
Ability to appreciate terrible puns

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Hello.

Languages: Obj-C, C# Mostly. Java, C++ sometimes.
Things you like to do: Mobile is my mainstay. Desktop applications rank second. I can do some REST stuff. You don't want me for web front end.

About me: I've been working on mobile stuff for 10 years. I've been the lead at a very small shop for 9 of those years. To be fair, lead means "mostly myself and sometimes a part-time intern". The takeaway from all of this is that I have had to learn nearly everything by myself and on my own (with occasional help from stackoverflow or here) so I'm quick to adapt.

I also know a fair bit about GNSS (GPS) data collection.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
LOOKING FOR A JOB

Languages: JavaScript, Java, Mongo, SQL(mainly Postgres)
Frameworks: Node/Express, Angular, just starting to learn React, Spring
Things you like to do: Back-end, writing stories/Agile project management, tests, CI and more tests, front-end if I have a design-oriented partner (I can work with a design, but not great with a blank slate)
Availability: looking for full-time.
GitHub.com/dsudia

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

JOB OFFERS!

Unity Developer ASAP - Remote Contract

Our company needs a Unity developer for contract work to start immediately.

Android/JNI/C++ Programmer ASAP - Remote Contract

Our company needs an Android developer with C++/JNI experience for contract work to start immediately. Any experience with decoding audio and video would be wonderful.

DirectX or Video Programmer ASAP - Remote Contract

Our company needs a programmer with DirectX or DirectShow experience, with relation to capturing video from Direct3D textures.

Low-Level Audio Decoding Programmer ASAP - Remote Contract

Our company needs a programmer with experience decoding audio, and demuxing video and audio.

We are a large stable company that partners with even larger entertainment companies. Please email me at unityvrjob@yahoo.com with resume or LinkedIn URL, and your contact information. We are looking to start immediately.

Captain Pike fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 17, 2016

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
delete this please

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 24, 2016

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
I don't know why you guys are putting your e-mail addresses in spoiler tags. That's not going to fool automated e-mail harvesting software.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I don't know why you guys are putting your e-mail addresses in spoiler tags. That's not going to fool automated e-mail harvesting software.

Yeah the better route would be 'somename at gmail'

I learned that that hard way

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

My web-scraper is a camera that takes photos of my screen when I'm on a web page, prints the photo, then scans the print-out and runs OCR. Are you saying there's a better way??

Jewel
May 2, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Yeah the better route would be 'somename at gmail'

I learned that that hard way

This will probably fool the basic majority, but even this is not really that good. People make web scrapers the same way people make viruses; constantly adapting to tricks people pull to avoid them. I've always thought the spoiler tag trend was a cute misconception that spread via use until people stopped realizing why they were doing it :3:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Quick, everyone just base64 encode your email address. That'll last a few days at least.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Available for dev work, email included below:

code:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: SA Special PGP Encoding for Posting Emails

mQENBFc+FiUBCACnDcZQpWe6lxfhqZxcJ3QASVKDbMAOHmLmfwERIa62VVB2SGxv
rKl9CIRHFyK2305p/3JSuvPbr1PlJWlCJu2/YWSC/q8mls/L7ETOd3ddP1JmD2F5
yFG2VratNx+SmqF5GBLqZisRLBobXGv7Tq6/V7+jnx7z7lQvpCcGyR2glsvm7P/z
FwUMPbC05KjHaJsjBEOo/jZl63HC7/MiTCNpmB0hpfIZLK16Ic+GFF6lsPTdyL3B
knubU1hW9sabvZXO+wUq9EHJPp7Kao1DaY/XwnsBY/5nzy0998JF5nZAPint0BRv
A3QJQO3vqy7n//FWuPgb1XFwxTX4Tw7pX7vbABEBAAG0EmRpY2tidXR0QGZhcnRz
LmNvbYkBHAQQAQIABgUCVz4WJQAKCRDFDVW2WiIN6hxKCACYrkATPS25xCcwPWJF
lLf95Cyo1j6FSauT3LQQadVvPHxn9wpnlMLMB/7C/OR39+gT8CRplGAboAvUZ5JS
MtGAtcI4/radGO6Dfq/wvyMyEmJ93USlLRs7Kze8wpVlu6EZG+R0Cic9YlfIu7bw
jQEJheKYjPmzdG6d7kIOkWQiyDbdoorqaOu0CeEuiQF6ixfulT9voIkfnuZW5FQA
9z2Evjh5nK0t8fepdtvjFnJ33Tktkox0tVZb+xLqo1DAm58eSm28/akZ4Q0zVg+Q
uQ/eEObw3LuQyAsD72TDfvL+uhc9jZxxjbmFQvQ/ldp8hprnA/gfn4xqAtKzp1ej
Looy
=C9if
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
JOB SEEKER

I've done .NET full stack for about 4 years. If I had to pick between front or back end I prefer the server side of things. I'm quite fine moving to another stack if anyone wants to hire across platforms.

Experience: Just under 4 years of full stack .NET web experience, with a few blissful months as back end only. C# (and VB.NET), Entity Framework, T-SQL, Razor and even ASP forms! Oh, and of course React, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, (twitter?)bootstrap and jQuery. I've been a build engineer, setting up TeamCity and messing with msbuild for some time; I've taught a team git and transitioned them from TFS to git, and managed the build and fixed any messy merges along the way.

I've done agile with a cohesive team and a good leader, and self directed development by myself. I've also done "agilefall" with a micromanaging PM, among other things. I've even worked remote! I'm pretty flexible with my work environment.

I think the most interesting thing I've done was when I moved a team from TFS to git, setup TeamCity, and taught everyone how git works, being their oh-poo poo button if a merge went wrong.

What I'm looking for: Full Stack or back end focused .NET would be the best fit for my experience, but I'd really like to break into another stack. I'm also interested in build automation/devops if the opportunity is there.

What I'm NOT looking for: Heart-of-gold dev shops.

Where I live: Austin TX - moving soon.

Where I’m looking: Denver, CO.

When I can start: June 21st.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, market salary; contract positions with competitive rates.

Contact: PM me or c_harmon@hotmail.com. I have a linkedin, stackoverflow careers page, and of course a resume I'll happily send along.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
JOB SEEKER

I've done JavaScript front end for a year, capable of doing full stack JavaScript.

Experience: I have been programming in JavaScript for the last two years, the most recent year was front end only using AngularJS, Bootstrap, and jQuery. I started out in C and then C++, so I am not a web only skinny jeans guy, but web is where I am most experienced now. I have experience with MS SQL Server / T-SQL as well.

What I'm looking for: Full Stack or front end focused JavaScript web development. Would prefer a non-Windows environment and Git. Open to moving away from Angular into other frameworks.

Where I live: Charlotte, NC

Where I’m looking: Seattle, WA (Washington State in general) or remote.

When I can start: 2 weeks after I give the current place the good news.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, market salary, relocation.

• Locked thread