Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyanNotBrian
Nov 28, 2005

Always five, acting as one. Dedicated! Inseparable! Invincible!
Languages : PHP, SQL ,HTML, CSS, JavaScript.
Role : Junior Web Developer (up to 3 positions available)

Thanks all the positions have been filled

RyanNotBrian fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divyesh
Aug 5, 2011
Posted this in the jobs thread but figured I would post here as well.

Who are we?
We are on the cutting edge of the medical waste disposal business. The company
offers services to health care providers to make the disposal of medical waste safer and more efficient. It also serves customers in the
pharmaceutical, agricultural, hospitality, industrial, and retail industries. Products include medical sharps (needles and other sharp objects)
disposal systems, disposable IV poles, waste and equipment return boxes, linen recovery systems, and biohazardous spill clean-up kits. We also provides regulatory compliant waste tracking, incineration, and disposal verification services, as well as consulting services

Where are we?
Houston, TX

What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior level developer. We currently have one developer but bussiness has grown to where we need to bring in another developer and serve as the lead role.

Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
Microsoft SQL Server - Must be very strong with data. Please be familare with scheduled jobs (We use Visual Cron for this.) We have to exchange data with our clients.
C# .NET (3+ years)
ASP.NET (3+ years)
XML
Strong organization skills - You will lead the other developers
PHP/MYSQL is a plus - We use magento for our site.

What are we not looking for?
People who need hand-holding. I need someone who I can give a project to and know its going to be completed.

Not Senior level

Someone who can't handle multiple projects at once.

How do I apply?
PM me here, or send me an email at: brobertsonit at gmail (Include resume and salary expectations)

Anything else?
I'm the Director of IT, so no need to interview or talk with our HR. You will have tons of freedom in this position and you will serve as the lead developer in all projects. You will have your own office, so no cubicles!

IT plays a very important role in our company and our excutives support us. We would like to find someone who can come in and take us to the next level!

Position is permanent and full-time.
401(k) with company matching 25% up to 6%
3 weeks paid time off per year.
Paid company holidays
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Languages : Android OS, iOS
Role : App developer

My company is currently looking to hire someone to develop an Android app for us.

We sell firearms and accessories, and we basically want it to be a flashy looking catalog, for example, swipe across to go to the next product, lots of fading in and things like that. It will be used primarily when we go to gun shows for potential customers to look through, so we want that wow factor when they start to use it.

The app needs the ability to be updated by us when we get a new product to put out there. We can supply you with all the content and pictures, etc.

I don't have PM, but you can email me at danm at primaryweapons.com and I could answer any further questions you may have.

We want this to come out on android first, but if you are able to make an apple version as well that would be a bonus.

Position is only for the duration of developing the app, and we would like to keep the price under $10,000.

Drop me a line if you are interested!

ddiddles fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 29, 2011

stormrider
Sep 18, 2003

Absolut Awful
I need a few hours of php/mysql help.

I have a review website powered by a php/mysql review engine called Censura(censura.info) with a couple thousand reviews in it. I want to import the database into wordpress. The import is easy, there's a WP plugin that can import CSVs and do everything I need, but getting the data out of Censura is trickier than I had hoped.

I did a db dump to excel already and discovered that product info, review ratings, and review text is all stored in separate tables.

So, I'm looking for someone who can write a script to export the specific fields I need in a cleaner fashion.

Thock
Apr 13, 2003
Well, Fuck.
Live in the general LA / Orange County area? Looking for work as a Javascript / Python developer?

PM me or IM me. I am struggling to find any competent developers (especially in javascript) that I desperately need to hire.

I'm the lead developer over at tvplus.com and we are blowing up in growth but struggling to staff for the demand. Company is crazy cool, great people, great culture, situated in downtown Orange.

bobthecheese
Jun 7, 2006
Although I've never met Martha Stewart, I'll probably never birth her child.

Hoborg posted:

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean you're not an EU citizen?

Yeah, I'm not an EU citizen, but I have a UK visa which allows me to work here.

I ended up getting a remote contractor job for an American company, and I'm now living in Manchester (I'm still not 100% certain why I picked Manchester, but I did, so there we are).

bobthecheese fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 14, 2011

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My company, VOKAL Interactive, is hiring both Android and iOS developers

http://vokalinteractive.com/

Who we are

Small and young shop specializing in mobile. Located in River North, Chicago (Hubbard and Lasalle). We're largely a client-driven agency building all sorts of apps. Our team is very design driven with a very organized and straightforward development process. We all love our jobs here, it's a great place to work, especially if you're new to the industry.

Where are we

Chicago, IL

What are we looking for

Junior and senior level developers wanting to get into mobile, or who have professional mobile experience already

For iOS
- At least one app in the App Store, but multiple apps is a plus
- At least 1 year of solid experience in Objective-C
- Solid understanding of core iOS programming principles
- 3+ years of development experience (if looking for a senior-level position)

For Android:
- At least one app in the Android Market, but multiple apps is a plus
- At least 1 year of solid experience in Java, more is a plus
- Solid understanding of core Android application fundamentals (Activity, Service, Broadcast Receiver, ContentProvider)
- 3+ years of development experience (if looking for a senior-level position)

How to apply

Email me at scott dot ferguson at vokalinteractive dot com, or PM me on the forums. I'm Director of Engineering for the company, so the interview process will go directly through me. We'll kick things off with a quick phone screen, then schedule the first of two face-to-face interviews.

Belgarath
Feb 21, 2003
Reposting, as the winds have changed and I don't like the smell of poo poo drifting down from upper management.

Languages: C#, Java, Delphi. Oracle DB (pl/sql etc), XML/XSD etc.
Frameworks: Learn quick.
Things you like to do: Winforms apps, libraries, web services, web development (would love to get into professional web development full time).
Availability: Month's notice.

I work full-time for a pretty large American company, from an office in the North West of England.

Would only consider a full-time position, and would gladly accept a telecommute position.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Looking for a programmer

Thought i'd give this a try.

I'm looking for a high quality programmer to code up a few bots for me. (Mostly web automation based work)

Things that this job will entail:

- Done in C# or VB.NET

- Httpwebrequests at the very least (Winsock preferred)

- Multithreading

- Proxy support

- Good communication skills

- Source code must be provided

I will probably need multiple smaller-ish coding jobs, no huge projects. If you meet these criteria, please get in touch with me and we can talk further.

This isn't a full time employment opportunity, but rather more of a side-job type deal.

You can hit me up at phatzilla1 -[at]- gmail -[dot]- com

Phatzilla fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 16, 2011

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Phatzilla posted:

You can hit me up at phatzilla1 -[at]- gmail -[dot]- com

I sent you an email on Sunday morning. Just checking in.

berto
Jul 9, 2003

Today I got up and I had a piece of toast.
The company I work for in Scottdale, AZ is looking for a relatively competent Actionscript developer, to come and work in our office and make games with us.

http://www.brokenbulbstudios.com/?page_id=453

Tell Annie that Rob sent you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
If there are any goons that know ColdFusion and are looking for full-time work in NYC, hit me up for more info - PM or cletus / fourdown -- org.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

cletus42o posted:

If there are any goons that know ColdFusion and are looking for full-time work in NYC, hit me up for more info - PM or cletus / fourdown -- org.

Out of curiosity, how is ColdFusion holding up as a web application development platform these-days? TBH, most I hear about it today are when companies are looking to replace CF applications with something more scalable (MySpace comes to mind).

ironypolice
Oct 22, 2002

Hoborg posted:

Out of curiosity, how is ColdFusion holding up as a web application development platform these-days? TBH, most I hear about it today are when companies are looking to replace CF applications with something more scalable (MySpace comes to mind).

I've only got experience with CF8, but frankly, it sucks. The syntax is wacky pseudo-html (not even pseudo-xml), the library of functions is weird and inconsistent, and it really shows that it was built for sql-in-the-same-file-as-markup style of app development. The only thing it can do that, say, PHP can't do better (:lol:) is call native java bytecode, and if you want to do that, why not just use Java?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Hoborg posted:

I've been a CF developer since 96/97. I've heard the same thing ever since I started with it. People were telling me it was dying from the minute I learned it, so I have no clue how much longer it will be around.

Personally, for web development, I prefer the CF syntax since it fits in well with HTML. I've done a decent amount of work in other web languages and I still prefer the CF syntax. (the tag-based syntax, that is - you can also write CF in a way that more closely resembles other languages) If I were doing real programming, I would certainly prefer something closer to C, though, since that was my favorite before I got into this.

If you find a really bad CF codebase that uses the tag-based syntax, it can be really awful for sure. It's extremely easy to pick up CF so there is a lot of horrible code out there.

ironypolice posted:

the library of functions is weird and inconsistent
This is actually one of the reasons I dislike PHP and like CF. CF's functions are pretty consistent in how they are named. Maybe you were using some functions I hardly touch, though.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

cletus42o posted:

I did work for this company earlier last year. It was great, and the guys there are a lot of fun. Goon approved employer!

Travakian
Oct 9, 2008

Edit: Got it covered.

Travakian fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 1, 2011

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If anybody is good at working with RTSP and meets the follow criteria (for a desktop app):

Able to multithread

Able to incorporate proxies (with the RTSP)

Able to do some simple web scraping

Basically need a simple app that loads up rtsp videos through proxies, in a nutshell. Email me at phatzilla1 [at] gmail [dot] com for more information.

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
Looking for Java Developers:

Hello friends,

My company is looking for Strong Java programmers (sun certified) for full time positions in Sunnyvale, CA. Knowledge of relational databases including Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL) is also required. Fresher's are welcome to apply, but we need someone with really good aptitude. We are looking to expand our Oracle Practice to add more head count to our custom product development. We are a company that is going through a ton of controlled growth, so lot's of opportunity down the line.

Experience required: 0-2 years this is for in house development projects, so truthfully your skills are way more important than education, if you have the goods then we have a job for you more than likely.

You will be receiving specialized Niche Oracle training that will serve you well no matter what you do or where you go. The training can be done remotely, but you need to be working out of our office in Sunnyvale afterward.

We are a (relatively) young, energetic group of people that provide an awesome working environment.

If this is of interest to any of you or you have a friend, then please send resumes and inquiries to ingleg @ G mail com or just PM me. Thanks!

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

DJ Sizzle posted:

Fresher's

Are you Indian? Are there a lot of Indians that work there?

Edit: I have one doubt. What does the company actually do?

shrughes fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 31, 2011

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

DJ Sizzle posted:

You will be receiving specialized Niche Oracle training that will serve you well no matter what you do or where you go

Out of curiosity, how would that help me at any place that does actual programming?

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Languages: Python, PHP
Frameworks: Django, Pyramid, CakePHP, CodeIgniter
Things you like to do: Web applications, Games, Development tools, Monitoring scripts, Log analysis, Linux system administration
Availability: Probably a couple hours per day.

I really prefer Python over PHP but I'm willing to look at any project.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Phatzilla posted:

If anybody is good at working with RTSP and meets the follow criteria (for a desktop app):

Able to multithread

Basically need a simple app that loads up rtsp videos through proxies, in a nutshell. Email me at /redacted/ for more information.

I took on this job shortly after Phatzilla posted it - I made a good start with this project getting the groundwork done and got my RTSP code working fine too - but then I realised I then needed to implement SDP, RTP, and RTCP netcode as well; to make matters more difficult there is surprisingly little existing open code implementing this (the only example we could find was ffmpeg's ffplay). The RFCs describing these protocols are devoid of 'here's how you use them in reality' examples and I ended up bring procrastinating on it - then I made the mistake of letting my client's emails slip by in your inbox for a week or so - understandably Phatzilla terminated the gig and if I were in his position I'd do the same (even more-so considering I thought this would be a straightforward two-week job, it ended up taking almost two months until termination).

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...
e:nvm

SuddenExpire fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 22, 2012

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phatzilla posted:

Able to multithread

Basically need a simple app that loads up rtsp videos through proxies, in a nutshell. Email me at phatzilla1 [at] gmail [dot] com for more information.

Still looking for this -- you can refer to Hoborg's post for more information.

Turdpunch
May 26, 2004

Looking for remote help on a PHP script which I need solving. I've already hired a freelancer they got stuck halfway through, hoping someone on here to finish the job.

The task is to create a script that takes in an image and an array of x/y/width/height co-ordinates and create a sliced up version, generating both the images based on co-ordinates as well as the remainder of the image. This all works fine, you can see an example at http://dispala.com/slicer.html

The issue is with creating the HTML table thats supposed to hold all the slices together, Photoshop etc seems to add a series of spacer gifs and uses colspans/rowspans etc to hold everything into place and its this part of the script that needs the work done on it. Basically if you slice up an image in PS and export i'm looking for exactly the same output.

Send an email to hello at dispala dot com if you think you're up for the task along with a costing for the work.

Bodybuilding Virgin 420
Aug 29, 2000

f

Bodybuilding Virgin 420 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 7, 2014

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

quote:

Who are we?
We're a financial tech startup that sells cloud based point of sale software. We currently have cash register software for the iPad, Mac, and PC and a Rails server our registers sync with. We just finished our series A round 2 weeks ago and we've moved into a bigger office and want to hire some good developers.

This is a great business idea. You guys are probably going to make a sickening killing and sell your company to Visa or something.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phatzilla posted:

Able to multithread

Basically need a simple app that streams rtsp videos through proxies, in a nutshell. Email me at phatzilla1 [at] gmail [dot] com for more information.

still looking

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

A bit of a cross-post, but we are hiring in Washington DC. See this post for details.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to repost myself from some time ago. Looking for an internship in the NYC metro area.

Location: Connecticut, USA, looking there and in the NYC metro area.
Languages: C, C++, C# (3.5+ preferred), Python, JavaScript, SQL
Frameworks: Win32 API, Qt (C++ and Python), Windows Forms, ASP.NET (including MVC), Node.js, ExtJS
Other skills: Lots of sysadmin on four major platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X).
Things you like to do: Anything targeted at Win32 or Unix-like systems or web apps.
Things you have no idea about : iPhone/OS X development
Availability: This summer.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Languages: Java or C++ preferred, experience in Python, Scheme, and VB.NET.
Frameworks: JSF, Wt (if you'd call it that), ASP.NET under duress
Things: Backend development, especially for desktop or networked apps
Availability: Fairly flexible with my time; not willing to relocate unless you're paying triple what I'm worth

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Edit: Got it all sorted

Cyber Punk 90210 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 18, 2012

natelyman
Dec 26, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Languages: Objective-C, PHP, Java, Python
Frameworks: iOS SDK, Android SDK/NDK
Things you like to do: iOS Apps, Android Apps, Web Apps (if I have to)
Availability: 10 hours a week or Full time if it is really interesting

JMilton
Jan 11, 2011
A start-up LLC is looking for talented Coders and Programmers for an upcoming PC title. It's a first person shooter with some strategical elements, but our real strength is a rich, compelling storyline. Along with a mindful administration, we've been able to contract some excellent amateur artists who along with two Cal Art music grads will help immerse the player into a world of fantastical design and original sound. The only thing we lack is the UDK team and a Programmer to back it all up.

We were previously working with a team but after some deliberation we decided it might be better to pursue some fresh blood who hold a better eye for our kind of detail. Dedication is key but we'd really like to work with some people who simply know good gaming and can share in our vision.

Seeing as we're a start-up, your payment would be equity in our company and a share of the profits, which is understood to come after the game is released and sold. We however have a solid business model and with it a good understanding of marketing so our cocky side considers the wait a formality.

Please send your portfolios and inquiries to the LLC manager at keke@gmail.com

JMilton fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 21, 2012

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
"We have plot and art, all we need is someone who can make the game part of our game. PS we can't pay you."

"UDK team and a Coder" I'm not sure what this means. Wouldn't the team working with the engine be made up of coders, not just one?

JMilton
Jan 11, 2011

Cicero posted:

"We have plot and art, all we need is someone who can make the game part of our game. PS we can't pay you."

"UDK team and a Coder" I'm not sure what this means. Wouldn't the team working with the engine be made up of coders, not just one?

My bad, I don't mean to marginalize either of those callings but I meant "Programmer" there.

You are right, we need some people to "make the game part of our game." It's not something I take lightly. The UDK team and Programmer will be entitled to a large chunk of equity in our company, and the lion's share of the profits. Conversely, similar to our need for coders and a programmer is the coders and programmer's need for artists, storytellers, musicians, businessmen and lawyers, all of which our LLC will provide.

You can take your skills and work for one of the bigger companies where they'll run you into the ground but pay you a decent amount yet nothing even remotely close to the money they'll rake in; or, you can work with some small fish and get your fair share and then some.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
The problem with "we'll pay you later" is who, exactly, is going to pay my mortgage for the next year that it's going to take me to write your game?

Are you after programmers who live with their parents?

Edit: Again, you're using "coders" and "programmer". What do these terms mean to you?

epswing fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 20, 2012

JMilton
Jan 11, 2011

epswing posted:

The problem with "we'll pay you later" is who, exactly, is going to pay my mortgage for the next year that it's going to take me to write your game?

Are you after programmers who live with their parents?

Edit: Again, you're using "coders" and "programmer". What do these terms mean to you?

That's a real concern without an easy answer. Most of us work day jobs in addition to our work in the LLC but we plan on funding ourselves through Kickstarter, a crowdfunding website you might be familiar with. The money we get from there would be used for the cost of production including helping people survive until the game's release. We have a whole plan related to the Kickstarter's success and our strategy will be discussed with the qualified candidates. As for your parting thought: a project like this would probably be one of the few times it'd be a boon to live with your parents, but we have a support network we're going to apply otherwise.

I'll try to be clear with what I mean when I say "coders" and "programmer." By "coders" I'm referring to any level designers and modelers, and when I say "programmer" I mean the person who manipulates C++ and makes the environment and models act correctly. I believe we'll need three coders and one programmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

JMilton posted:

I'll try to be clear with what I mean when I say "coders" and "programmer." By "coders" I'm referring to any level designers and modelers, and when I say "programmer" I mean the person who manipulates C++ and makes the environment and models act correctly. I believe we'll need three coders and one programmer.

:stare:

• Locked thread