Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
Location: San Diego, Silicon Valley, or around the D.C. metro area.
Languages: C/C++, Java, PostgreSQL, played around with: Ruby, HTML/PHP, Perl
Frameworks: I've played a little with Rails.
Things you like to do: I've piddled around with various languages outside of schoolwork, but barring schoolwork I haven't made anything too notable. Most of our assignments revolve around emulating various Unix utilities. I'm interested in getting involved with web or smart phone app development.
Availability: I'm looking for a summer internship! I'm a sophomore in a B.S. computer science program.
I'll send a resume if you ask!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
Languages: C, C++, Obj-C, Java, Perl, Python
Frameworks: iOS/Android SDK, Django
Things you like to do: I've been working on a lot of mobile stuff lately, but I'm open to discussing anything.
Availability: I'm looking for a full-time internship during the summer.

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa

Hoborg posted:

Are you still in college? If so, have you considered applying for an internship at Microsoft? Don't worry if you're not a 4.0 GPA student - if you've done a lot of stuff in your spare time they'd certainly let you in for that. They're on the lookout for people with good C++ skills (and your platform experience is irrelevant, honest!) so give it a shot.

Well, I just got an offer with them so that's pretty cool :shobon:

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
Location: Anywhere is fine, but Bay Area, Seattle, NYC, and remote are preferred. Outside of the US might be very appealing if relocation is covered.
Languages: I've done at least two significant projects in each of Python, Java, C, Objective-C, C++, C#, Bash.
Frameworks: Django, iOS, Android
Things you like to do: Big data related problems. Web services. Scripting (systems type work). I tend to like more back end problems than front end in general.
Availability: I might be able to do part time work April-June. I'll be available for full time work this summer. I'm graduating in June, so internships would be fine too.

kuf fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 8, 2013

• Locked thread