Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

We're looking to fill a junior programmer position in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada).

It's an entry-level position doing .NET development mixed in with some maintenance, design, DB work, and everything else. The manager for the position is a good dude, and it's a good job in a stable company with opportunity for advancement. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I'm also looking for a strong programmer for my team. If you fit that bill (and want a job in Edmonton), give me a shout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Looking for a good programmer (another one, actually - I did a post earlier and we've hired a couple times since then - we just keep growing).

Job Title: Programmer/Analyst (possibly senior or junior, depending on what applicants we get)
Languages: .NET
Technology: Web/database stuff
Availability: Fulltime, starting soon

This job will be focused on further building out a new, successful web platform for insurance. I'm not terribly bothered what specific technologies you're familiar with; mostly we just need someone bright and with strong general programming skills. Is that you? Do you want to work in Edmonton? Really?

Well, if so then give me a shout.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

Yeah it's not that alone that makes me twitch, it's what it says about the company. If they nickel-and-dime like that when they're trying to attract new people, what kind of garbage do they pull once people have been there a while? In what kind of other ways are they short-sighted? It sets off little alarm bells in my head, especially after my last job which was rife with ridiculous penny-wise, pound-foolish policies.

I don't know that it's all that big of an indicator of their decision making - probably just a symptom of fast growth. When you're a small company, you tend to hire local. We certainly did - it's only recently that we've put more effort into bringing people in from further afield; our most recent hire is also the first guy we paid relocation for (that I can think of, anyway).

Lots of stuff changes as you grow, and it sounds like these guys are growing fast. To me, their situation looks like a pretty good time to get in.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

We're hiring again:

Frameworks/Languages: .NET
Contract type: Full time

Very reasonable company/pay/benefits. We're considering people with a wide range of experience level.

• Locked thread