Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

csammis posted:

My company is seeking full-time developers, software test engineers, and a smattering of other R&D positions. Perceptive Software is located in Shawnee, Kansas (west suburb of KCMO). Languages of immediate interest:
  • C++, primarily Windows and also Linux / AIX / HPUX / Solaris
  • Java
  • C# (WPF a plus)

For developers, database experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server is also a plus but not required.

http://www.perceptivesoftware.com/company/careers/northamerica/research-development.psi

If you have any specific questions about the work we do, what it's like working here, or if you are planning on applying drop me a line via PM or at csammis@gmail.com

If there's any chance you need a Python dev or Linux sysadmin, I'm a Manhattan goon dying to get away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

JMilton posted:

I'll try to be clear with what I mean when I say "coders" and "programmer." By "coders" I'm referring to any level designers and modelers, and when I say "programmer" I mean the person who manipulates C++ and makes the environment and models act correctly. I believe we'll need three coders and one programmer.

:stare:

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

JMilton posted:

It's exactly why we're trying to find people for this job... most of us have little idea how the hell it all works. We have one member who is versed on the subject, and is probably better fitted to understand what's going on here but am I way off base or something?

You need to build a *ton* of knowledge with whoever it is that currently comprises your team. Start small, learn some, gently caress up, learn from your mistakes, do something a little more ambitious, gently caress up again, and so on and so forth. Right now you have:

- A compelling storyline!
- It's going to be an FPS with strategy elements! It'll be even cooler than Savage!

And you need people with real experience, to include:

- a producer (this is the guy who makes sure the whole thing comes together)
- a designer (this is the guy with the cohesive idea)
- programmers (these are people who write code)
- artists (they make basically all the things you see in the fancy movin' picture)

And you're willing to provide:

- uuuhhhhhh some money from Kickstarter if we can prove we have competent people
- uuuhhhhhh a guarantee you'll still have a place to live (with your parents) if we crash and burn (as long as you live with your parents)

You're in way over your head.

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

JMilton posted:

Until lately we had a pretty cohesive design team who had made a working model of the game, but without them we need a new top nerd to talk down to us.

JMilton posted:

Our old design team still wants to work with us; we're just dissatisfied with their results. It's a long story how they came to work for us but we parted amiably.

I repeat, :stare:

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

oRenj9 posted:

Come back with some money and a better understanding of what needs to be done and I assure you that people will bite.

This seems unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

JMilton posted:

It's just until lately we never dealt with anything software related, even though we're a software company.

I dare you to make less sense. Though we've all seen a remarkable effort from you, I don't think you can actually pull it off with this one.

• Locked thread