Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm mainly a C++ programmer with a lot Qt expertise (I used to work for Trolltech and was one of the people who first wrote Qt/Embedded; I use Qt currently in my day job and personally ported it to our embedded platform, and lately I've been messing around with the Android port in my spare time).

I'm a British citizen who moved to the US about 8 years ago and I'm looking to move back, preferably to Oxford. Anyone have any ideas on how best to go looking for a job in the UK these days, especially when I'm currently a continent away? Work permits and visas are not an issue, obviously, since I'm still British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Betjeman posted:

The contracting market is pretty boyant at the moment, however not sure how you're going to go about that without being able to attend interviews.

Yeah, the interviews problem had occurred to me... I will be in the UK for a week and a bit for my sister's wedding in September, so I was thinking it might be a good idea to look around in August and see if I can line up an interview while I'm there. That said, I'm more interested in a permanent than contract job.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JMilton posted:

As it stands, our storyline is about 250 pages long with game direction included, so it exists on paper. It's not as open-ended as Planescape but that's a dizzying document and your point is well-taken.

Does it include a clock and a guy called Johnny Five Aces?

• Locked thread