Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Languages: C, C++, C# (3.5+ preferred), PHP, Python, SQL
Frameworks: Win32 API, Qt (C++ and Python), Windows Forms, ASP.NET (including MVC), OpenGL, SDL
Other skills: Lots of sysadmin on four major platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X)
Things you like to do: Anything targeted at Win32 or Unix-like systems or web apps.
Things you don't like to do: Java
Things you have no idea about : iPhone/OS X development
Availability: Contact with project description for details.
Contact: This thread, PM, email: niteice at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

DalekPlunger posted:

Need a full-time, C programmer with a C.S. degree.
  • New England area. Local preferred, but relocation possible.
  • Position is entry-level, (0-3 years professional experience), but advancement can be extremely quick.
  • This is a Fortune 500 company with phenomenal growth and amazing benefits, (pension plan, 401k with matching, stock purchase plan, annual cash and stock bonus) - Yes, companies like this do exist and they are hiring!

Now for the catch...
  • You need to be an honest-to-goodness C wizard. Doing something like hacking the Linux kernel as a hobby while getting your degree will make me love you.
  • This is a legacy platform that has been running 20+ years. It runs very well and new features and capabilities are being added all the time. It will never be ported to Java, Python, .NET, PHP, or C#. It has been - and always will be - C. Can you see yourself programming C for 20+ years? Lots of people can't – they're terrified of skill obsolescence. I completely understand that, but then this opportunity isn't for you.
  • You need to be a self-learner with clever problem solving skills. If you are, you know it.

If you think this might be a good fit, you can reach me at dalekplunger at gmail dot com

I'm all of those but still a student. I suppose you're not taking internship applications?

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to repost myself from some time ago. Looking for an internship in the NYC metro area.

Location: Connecticut, USA, looking there and in the NYC metro area.
Languages: C, C++, C# (3.5+ preferred), Python, JavaScript, SQL
Frameworks: Win32 API, Qt (C++ and Python), Windows Forms, ASP.NET (including MVC), Node.js, ExtJS
Other skills: Lots of sysadmin on four major platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X).
Things you like to do: Anything targeted at Win32 or Unix-like systems or web apps.
Things you have no idea about : iPhone/OS X development
Availability: This summer.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure about uploading media (you would still need a network drive), but have you looked at Ampache as an interface for playback?

• Locked thread