Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel
May 2, 2009

Somebody contact me if you have any idea of something you want made! I might even make it for free if it's something extremely simple and/or a fun challenge. Feel free to contact about everything, even just to talk about programming.

Jewel fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

NZAmoeba posted:

Yeah, everything I've seen and asked about has been local only (or self-relocation), exceptions would probably only be made for someone who was truly amazing. :shrug:

"We have a bunch of money but no we won't pay to fly you over" thanks for flaunting it I guess?

Some people like me live in Australia and where most big jobs will pay for relocation, they get instant priority. The less experienced devs might go for the ones without relocation because they're desperate, but the really experienced devs would lean towards the ones that do pay for it, I'd assume.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Software/Game dev for hire! I need some extra money. I'm best at rapid development of programs for a specific purpose.

Location: Sydney, Australia (though preferring long distance work)
Languages: C#, Python, C++ preferred. Can also work with Javascript/JQuery and very worst case PHP or Wordpress if you're willing to pay for it.
Frameworks: Winforms, WPF, XNA, SFML
Things you like to do: (in rough order of preference but all are okay)
  • Software (ie a program you open that performs a duty and/or has an interface, can run in taskbar)
  • Game Tools (ie a map editor for a 2D game, etc)
  • Game Systems
  • Game Scripting
  • Web Development

Availability: Work almost any day with any amount of hours. Can complete most projects very fast.

Any sized projects, big or tiny would be absolutely fine. By the way check out :siren:My Portfolio and My Github:siren:

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I don't know if this is the right place either but I'll follow suit on the above poster!

JOB SEEKER

I recently moved from Australia to Manchester, United Kingdom and I thought I'd ask here before searching around. I'd love to work remote too if anyone from anywhere else in the world is interested! Looking for fulltime but I wouldn't turn down any part time or freelance.

I'm looking for pretty much any C# job, the last one I had was working with SharePoint and after that hell I'd be happy with whatever. I don't have a favorite area though I'd rather work back end over GUI; but I'm willing to learn anything really. Alternatively I'm up for C++, Python, or Javascript if needed. I've only done Javascript in a professional setting to a smaller extent (it was mainly C#), but my degree focused on C++ and I enjoy Python, so I'm including them here anyway.

I've only worked at a job for half a year and I'm still technically a graduate with an advanced diploma; if that affects your decision, but I'm eager to work on something again!

I can start any time at all, sooner is better, though I can't move anywhere yet until my renting contract is up. I could travel about an hour if it's remote. Potentially more if travel is covered.

Contact me at: jewelotsSA@gmail.com or PM me, and I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible! I'll toss you my portfolio and resume when you ask!

Jewel fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 22, 2015

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I think there's a few apps out there that make you solve a math problem or two before it unlocks.

To be honest, a good idea is just leave your normal phone alarm on the other side of the room (or at least, out of reach of bed). Definitely helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Yeah the better route would be 'somename at gmail'

I learned that that hard way

This will probably fool the basic majority, but even this is not really that good. People make web scrapers the same way people make viruses; constantly adapting to tricks people pull to avoid them. I've always thought the spoiler tag trend was a cute misconception that spread via use until people stopped realizing why they were doing it :3:

• Locked thread