Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Profane Obituary!
May 19, 2009

This Motherfucker is Dead

eightysixed posted:

Awesome, in that case, I'm looking for the simplest of the simple. I'm making the jump to a VPS so I can utilize ShoutCast for personal/friends use, but there's a problem. I've never dabbled with a VPS in any way, shape, or form before. I'm a web design supervisor by trade, but nothing on the technical side.

So here's what I'm looking for in a Linux based VPS:

Someone to set up a VPS making it work/act like you're regular web server.

- Apache
- MySQL
- PHP
- FTP
- Image Magik
- Mailserver
- ShoutCast

This is just for a personal website, in which Im expecting only a small group of friends to visit. For those of you who are experienced, Im aware this takes no time, so Im really not trying to spend a load of money.

For those of you who are still in the Christmas spirit, shoot me an email at ' kevin at aonic dot net ' or reply to the thread with your email or any IM contact info.

I wonder if anyone has any free time this afternoon/night to do it :toot:

I'm going to suggest, unless you need the mailserver for something in particular, to use google apps for your domain. Running a mail server can be annoying and using google apps takes a lot of the headache out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread