Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
if it breeds it leads
Jan 3, 2001
Forum Veteran

if it breeds it leads fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

if it breeds it leads
Jan 3, 2001
Forum Veteran

SiLk-2k5 posted:

I've done Quickbooks export/import. Am actually working on something similar at the moment, as well as database search/retrieval through webservices.

What sort of infrastructure are you working with? IIS? SQL Server?

Our current infrastructure is a "rebol script" that translates a report exported from quickbooks as an xls into some .dat files which serve as the database. This would probably be scrapped in favor of something that the new developer is familiar with.

if it breeds it leads
Jan 3, 2001
Forum Veteran
I posted this back in January but the developer I chose was flaky and never sent me the test like he said he would. Now I am ready to start on it again and get it done.

mowhonic posted:

I need a developer to build a search app for my site.

We are a distibutor of wine to three states (NY, NJ, CT) and we want consumers to have the ability to search for stores near their location that we have recently sent inventory. The data will be extracted from quickbooks. The results will be shown as pings on a map (ala google maps, perhaps using the google maps api?). The pings will be clickable to show a list of wines that we shipped to that location within the past month or so.

A few years ago we had a programmer build us a basic search app in Rebol (do any legit developers use this language?) but we want more features and we dont think that he can get us to where we want to be. Here is the search he built.

If you are interested send me some examples of search apps you have done (if any), or like totally whatever to evan@organicvintages.com

Here is a sample of the data we can output from quickbooks: http://goo.gl/wU0ZE

quote:

We want people to be able to search using a zip code, store name, borough, county, and product name.

If they search for "frey queens" show marks on the map with all the stores in queens with products that match the name frey, if none match show all stores that have frey wine.

If they search for "11570 frey merlot" show stores that are within some radius of that zip code and match that wine name. If there are none in that area widen the search to all stores.

If they search for the name of a wine show all stores with that wine (It won't be too many)

if it breeds it leads
Jan 3, 2001
Forum Veteran
Sure, we should probably continue through email though.

• Locked thread