Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
Languages: C/C++, Obj-C, OpenGL, Python, Java, Qt, Ruby, Visual Basic, OSG, R, Javascript, My/Postgre/MsSQL
Frameworks: Pmwiki, Wordpress, Rails, Django, jQuery
Things you like to do: iPhone apps, web applications, games, computer vision, algorithms, data analysis, artificial intelligence, small projects
iPhone apps:TrueCost Mortgage and Zing!
Availability: Full time telecommute, contract, part-time

I'm half hard CS (Masters degree) and half IT/information architecture with a predilection for edgy up and coming internet movements. I have been developing web sites and their back ends since 1996 and work in any language. My current full-time position isn't budging on telecommuting so I'm looking for other, more interesting work.

Contact me for anything.

Moreleth fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
The company I contract for is looking for Android and Javascript/Flash contractors. We're located near Boulder, Colorado and are likely to expect in-house work for the first few months. Afterward telecommute is fine. The pay is good and the work is expected to be stable for a long time as our client is a very large video distribution company.

Contact me via PM if you're interested!

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

quote:

Who are we?
We're a financial tech startup that sells cloud based point of sale software. We currently have cash register software for the iPad, Mac, and PC and a Rails server our registers sync with. We just finished our series A round 2 weeks ago and we've moved into a bigger office and want to hire some good developers.

This is a great business idea. You guys are probably going to make a sickening killing and sell your company to Visa or something.

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
This is impossible.

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
Actually you're right, I didn't read the second post too closely. If the "blank" photo is truly fixed then the problem is easier, though with lighting and time of day changes it'll still be less than trivial. If the blank photo is less than perfectly fixed AND you have lighting changes then your problem remains pretty difficult, but not impossible. Do you need it as a run-time system, or do you just want to run it on a big batch of data, one time? How big are your images?

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
I sent you an email regarding the position but haven't heard back - sounds like you're getting a lot of interest? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo
I need one of these:

· BS or MS in Computer Science
· 7+ years of software development experience, with a focus on web UI development
· Strong experience with Object-oriented programming in JavaScript
· Proficiency with the DOM and the JavaScript asynchronous event-programming model
· Extensive experience using modern MVC web application frameworks such as Django or RoR
· Experience with legacy web application frameworks such as Struts
· Experience with JavaScript toolkits like Sencha, jQuery, or Dojo
· Knowledge of Backbone or Bootstrap a plus
· Extensive experience using data interchange formats like XML and JSON
· Extensive experience using and defining RESTful web services
· Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
· Experience with cross-browser development
· Experience profiling and optimizing web application performance on both the client and server side
· Experience with web and application servers such as Apache, JBoss or TomCat
· Good understanding of SQL databases and text search libraries like Lucene/Solr
· Experience with Agile development methodologies, including test-driven development and continuous integration
· Experience writing Enterprise software that scales

The location is Boulder, Colorado. Telecommute is definitely an option if your credentials are appropriate. We are a medium size contract engineering company with contractors and full time employees, flexible schedule, etc. It's a mellow place to work full of extremely bright people.

• Locked thread