Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

atastypie posted:

make your own thread, this thread is Goons for Hire

But how will people who know PHP understand they are looked upon with SCORN if not for the efforts of the brave few who feel the need to poo poo up every thread where it's mentioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Logic posted:

The programmer would be a 49% partner in the game and split the profits from it's success.

No serious programmer will ever respond to "offers" like this, FYI.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Hoborg posted:

The Yahoo address doesn't help either.

It's the project owner's responsibility to take on risk, not the contractor; if your business idea's strong enough then you can easily get a loan from close relatives or a bank to pay for the contractor's fee.

The fact you have no hard deadlines also puts potential applicants off because it hints you're not taking the project that seriously nor have it all set-out.

Every time I've been approached in real-life by people I know who wanted me to work for them in exchange for a cut of the profits all ended up failing in their business prospect and I'm glad I never wasted my time with any of them.

Come back with a solid business plan and some capital, then we can talk.

Yup. One of two things is going to happen. Let's say for sake of argument, you spend 50 hours on this "easy as pie!" project, and your rate is $100/hr. So, there's $5,000 of work you've put in. EIther A) The game / idea / whatever will fail (which is most likely,) and you've pissed away $5k of :effort: or B) the game / idea / whatever takes off an makes millions, and the owner just gave away millions/2 when he could have gotten the work for $5k, which makes the owner an idiot, and nobody wants to work for an idiot! :)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Looking for some freelance UI Design and / or Development work.

Languages / Things: JavaScript, Python, HTML/CSS/Sass, Objective-C, Quartz Composer, UX / UI design, Responsive design, *shudder* PHP
Experience: Been doing web design / development since '96, iOS development since 2009. Have fancy degrees in design!
Things you like to do: UI Design, prototyping, ios dev, js development, learning, solving problems.
Availability: Can dedicate 20-30 hours a week

• Locked thread