Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
This is a simple thread for people who want to offer their services as developers and people who need the services of developers. I'll try to keep the OP updated and organize people into groups. SA-Mart isn't really the best place to find programmers but I think a thread in CoC would get a decent amount of traffic.

Here is a template

Languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Obj-C, C# etc.
Frameworks: Rails, Django, Expression Engine etc.
Things you like to do: Web applications, iPhone Apps, Games
Availability: Can you work a couple hours a day? Full time?

I'd prefer people didn't mention rates or budgets in this thread. Let's try to keep this for contact purposes only. If you want to link to a post in SA-Mart where you are looking for work to be done with a specific budget in mind that is fine. I just think we should keep money talk out of this specific thread.

I'm also contemplating setting up an IRC channel specifically for web development. Anyone interested?

Edit: I'm closing this thread for a bit until people can stop making GBS threads it up. PM/IM me if you want it opened to post for real.

Ned fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
Seriously guys. If you aren't posting your bio or posting a position you are in the wrong thread. This isn't productive and it is petty. If someone wants to get a job using a language/platform you dislike then good for you - You are lucky enough that you don't have to work with them. If you feel the need to bitch about languages there is a subforum specifically for that. It is called YOSPOS. This thread is for people to find jobs, not to berate people for not being as awesome as you.

<-- IF YOU POST SOMETHING UNRELATED TO HIRING OR BEING HIRED BELOW HERE EXPECT TO BE REPORTED AND HOPEFULLY PROBATED -->

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
WordPress or talking to customers. If you can do either, get in touch with me.

• Locked thread