Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

I'm interested in hiring someone(s) for a number of small projects. 'stand alone' web apps in the language you see fit for the job, vbulletin(and vb cms) plugins(?). Each project is pretty unique.

You'd work remotely of course, on your own time, with your own deadline. I imagine most of these projects some of you could do overnight and others would be a spring break project, but that's up to you.

Pay is according to you quoting\estimating the project. I'm sorry I don't have more details on the different projects, but if you're interested in making some freelance money and have the time over the coming weeks\months please contact me.

Also need some graphics work done, would there be a better place to request that?

email sanders@ntws.org or pm me

bobua fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

One more thing.

Looking to have a flash(or any 'in browser') game developed. I have a very general concept and you'd be free to sort of go your own way with it. Contact me for more info and if you're interested, we'll work out the important part($).

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Looking for a Java developer for a project. We need some code that can find a person within photograph, and then crop the image down to a certain number of pixels around the person(just a nice big box, not actually cut their shape out or anything). You'll have an 'empty' image to compare to that won't change(besides time of day lighting type changes). The person could be sitting or facing different ways, so image or shape recognition wouldn't work I don't believe, but I really don't know.

Basically, we've got piles of huge images that need to be cropped down.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Hoborg posted:

I've done this in C# as part of my degree's FYP (a human-tracking sentry gun) - but it wasnt perfect, and did require the Person's shape to be fairly well-defined. It didn't use any face-shape recognition techniques (like you get in modern cameras) but body outline recognition .

If you're interested, I can modify my C# program for your needs. Would that interest you?

EDIT: I just re-read your post and saw you said you can provide "empty" shots that would serve for a diff comparison, so I could build that in too.

Sure. We're flexible on the Java thing, it's really just a request so that our in-house developer can take over a lot easier down the line.

I shouldn't have even mentioned it's a person I guess, as it could be just an 'object'. I should be able to hand your code 1 'blank' or background image, and 3 images with a foreign object somewhere in it, and your code tells gives me to coordinates of the approximate center of the object so we can crop the image down. No need to actually find the outline or anything fancy like that.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

No, this needs to be done on the fly. ~400k images. Speed isn't so much an issue, if it takes 10 minute to process 3 images, that doesn't really matter to us.

We don't have a budget, this is a feature we don't need, we just want, so we are trying to get a very general estimate to see if it's worth it to us. We don't have funding issues so it's more of a question of do we want to spend X amount of dollars to have this now, or tackle it in a few months when the bulk of the project already complete, etc.

On the bounding box: I don't believe that detail really matters to us, the point isnt really get cut an object out of a picture, its to get rid of all the extra border that comes from shooting way too wide. I just wanted to get the point across that we needed the general location of the object, not the outline or anything.

The object should always be at least 10% of the shot, we aren't trying to find a hockey puck in a rink or anything.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Anyone here experienced with making your own QR code reader? I know there are libraries, but I'm looking for someone who has rolled their own, even if just for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Have a strange situation.

I've had a developer create a website\webapp, and I let them do it in a language that might not have been a best practice, but more of what they were familiar with, and now I feel shaky about it. What's worse, is I feel locked in to them, where as with something more common I could have almost anyone pick it up later on(or myself).

I want to explore having someone else do it from scratch\design specs. I think it will be worth the money just for the piece of mind.

I'm looking for someone familiar with Amazon's systems\databases, your basic user authentication system type stuff. 99% of UI(layout and graphics) are done and I have a separate person for that, so this is mostly just a backend job.

I don't want to go into the details publicly, but the current system was done in about 40 hours including rolling our own authentication system(which I DON'T want done). If you're interested or know someone who might be, please send me a PM. I don't really care about your education\resume, but if you have your own side project or something to show off that would be great.

• Locked thread