Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Languages: 14+ Years of ColdFusion Experience (w/ MSSQL, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc)
Frameworks: I try to avoid them, I've never found a CF framework that I really care for, but I haven't found one I can't figure out, either
Other Awesome Stuff: Adobe Certified Expert in Advanced ColdFusion 8, I built/maintain/market/administer my website http://www.fourdown.org as a hobby
Things you like to do: Make crappy ColdFusion sites better
Availability: I have a full time job but if you have a CF thing you need done, I'm happy to help a goon out as long as my schedule works for you

Not really looking for work but since CF isn't something most people focus on, I figured I'd add myself here in case someone needs help with it. I do have a full-time job and run my own website in my off-hours so I can't take on big projects, but I'm pretty fast in CF so try me if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Company I work for is looking for someone immediately for a 2-3 week period.

Would prefer someone able to come in to the office. We're in midtown Manhattan.

We are looking for someone with experience in using the Google Maps API v3 (via JavaScript). The application is built in PHP/mySQL on CodeIgniter - familiarity with that would be great, but the primary need is someone who can handle complicated tasks with the mapping - here's a short list of what to expect -

- Creation/manipulation of custom-placed markers, circles, and polylines
- Adding additional Google Maps features (Drag & Zoom, Radius Display)
- Creating custom events on map
- Multiple KMLLayers displayed on the map at once
- Using DirectionsService to get distance, display distance in miles and feet, ability to drag markers & polyline and have distance updated automatically
- Retrieving a list of all markers visible in your viewport (not on the map as a whole) to be able to pass to PHP in order to create an Excel spreadsheet of items
- Import of items from an Excel spreadsheet to be displayed on the map in real time (the actual import would be done in PHP of course, so would likely be an AJAX call to send the Excel, with a JSON return to JavaScript with the lat/lngs and other info)

Some of those tasks are 90% completed already (or more), but mainly listed to give an idea of the API knowledge preferred.

If you're already extremely adept with the maps API v3, being able to work remotely could be a possibility.

PM me if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

take boat posted:

I might be a good fit -- do you have an email for those without PM?
Sure - hit me up at cletus@fourdown.org.

edit - I think we've found someone now, but anyone that wants to pass along any info, feel free.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 4, 2010

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
If there are any goons that know ColdFusion and are looking for full-time work in NYC, hit me up for more info - PM or cletus / fourdown -- org.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Hoborg posted:

Out of curiosity, how is ColdFusion holding up as a web application development platform these-days? TBH, most I hear about it today are when companies are looking to replace CF applications with something more scalable (MySpace comes to mind).
I've been a CF developer since 96/97. I've heard the same thing ever since I started with it. People were telling me it was dying from the minute I learned it, so I have no clue how much longer it will be around.

Personally, for web development, I prefer the CF syntax since it fits in well with HTML. I've done a decent amount of work in other web languages and I still prefer the CF syntax. (the tag-based syntax, that is - you can also write CF in a way that more closely resembles other languages) If I were doing real programming, I would certainly prefer something closer to C, though, since that was my favorite before I got into this.

If you find a really bad CF codebase that uses the tag-based syntax, it can be really awful for sure. It's extremely easy to pick up CF so there is a lot of horrible code out there.

ironypolice posted:

the library of functions is weird and inconsistent
This is actually one of the reasons I dislike PHP and like CF. CF's functions are pretty consistent in how they are named. Maybe you were using some functions I hardly touch, though.

• Locked thread