Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Doctor Party posted:

Job Offer:
I need help designing a specific but pretty simple app. I want to use an old android phone as a bed side alarm clock. So I want to run an alarm clock app and make there no way to turn down the volume or close the app or turn the phone off until I have done whatever the app requires I do to make it stop. So I am not sure if this requires an actual app or coding. Or if someone just knows how to do this that would be appreciated as well.

Basically I just want to use an app or something to put my phone in a mode where it can't do anything but run the alarm clock app undisturbed.

Let me know if this is completely stupid.

Have you just looked at the wide variety of android alarm apps? AFAIK, most of them do exactly that sort of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

goodness posted:

How do I protect the project idea I have while seeking a developer? Is there something used specifically that stops potential hires from taking the idea you present?

Nobody wants your idea. This comes up all the time with developers, and the answer is always that the hard part of a project is never the idea.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

kedo posted:

Seeking freelance backend devs! I do a lot of frontend and UX work with a few different companies and we're always in need of reliable, skilled backend developers.

Languages/frameworks/tools: Rails, Django, AWS are immediate needs, but if you're using a modern, hot framework or language we're probably bidding on a contract that requires it.
What kind of work: Most of my clients are design/dev shops doing contract work for large corporations, non-profits or political organizations in the northeastern US. Most projects have relatively tight deadlines, but budgets are usually generous and the clients tend to be good.

Contact: PM or something.kedo@gmail.com, send some work samples if you can!

I sent you a PM because this is right up my alley.

• Locked thread