Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
If the crying robot avatar is any indication, pretty hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Hello, VS 2010 .NET 4 C# WPF Wizards! I've got a WPF data binding job for you. I believe it's quite simple, I just don't have any more time to spend on such things myself.

Details: I want to highlight (and un-highlight) a few controls based on a property of an object which implements INotifyPropertyChanged. The object is in an ObservableCollection which is set to the DataContext, being displayed in a ListBox. The SelectedItem is being further displayed in a number of TextBoxes. I have a nice little working example in a self-contained VS 2010 project, most of the work is done. I'll send screenshots complete with crappy mspaint arrows of exactly what I want. I'll send you the project, you get 'er done and send it back to me.

Email "ep@ <my username> .com" your hourly rate, and how long you've been working with WPF.

Thank you!

epswing fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 18, 2010

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
nm

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
What if drivers were hired like programmers?

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
The problem with "we'll pay you later" is who, exactly, is going to pay my mortgage for the next year that it's going to take me to write your game?

Are you after programmers who live with their parents?

Edit: Again, you're using "coders" and "programmer". What do these terms mean to you?

epswing fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 20, 2012

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure no one here is trying to be a dick, but the truth is you're asking for something ridiculous.

Firstly, anyone with the skills required to actually see a full game engine through is most likely already employed. Exactly zero developers are going to leave their job to work for free, for a largely unknown amount of time, on the basis that a product "might" take off.

Secondly, one developer? One? Ok, there are superstars out there, but it's highly unlikely that any one person knows everything about everything. And if they are such a superstar, they're employed, see point #1.

Thirdly, you keep saying "coders" and "programmers", your terms are all fishy (level designers and modelers are not "coders", programmers don't "manipulate C++"), they don't make sense, which makes us think that you don't really know what's going on. A coder is someone who writes code. i.e. a programmer. (There are slightly differing views on the responsibilities of a software programmer/developer/engineer/architect.)

So whether you know it or not, it sounds like you're looking for a student or equivalent basement-dweller with no bills to pay, who is willing to blow an inordinate amount of time for probably no return, and probably doesn't have the required skillset anyways.

epswing fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 20, 2012

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

JMilton posted:

maybe you should take your cock out of your own mouth for a minute

AvengingDentist, please confirm that you can indeed suck your own cock.

JMilton posted:

We've already spent well over 50 hours researching the potential market and probably another 50 hours assembling a business model

Y'know 100 man hours is 6 people brainstorming for 2 days right?

2 days.

JMilton posted:

It's just until lately we never dealt with anything software related, even though we're a software company.
:stare:

epswing fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 21, 2012

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

shrughes posted:

"'Why?'"?

You're hired.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Developer Wanted

We're looking for C# and/or C++ developers, especially if you're familiar with (alert, incoming buzzwordz!) LINQ, WPF, WCF, MSMQ.

Our software products involve industrial plant automation (eg. opening and closing material gates, controlling conveyor belts, monitoring material flow, reading weigh scales and pulse meters, all in real time) and product dispatch (eg. dispatching orders to production plants, monitoring fleets of delivery trucks via GPS, load-balancing and optimizing workload across multiple production locations).

We're a Microsoft shop, we use the latest software tools and technologies (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Message Queuing, LINQPad) and organizational tools (distributed version control, issue tracking, internal wiki), and our core competency is C# and C++, so you can expect to be writing in one (or eventually both!) of these languages.

Fire me an email for more details!

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

epalm posted:

Developer Wanted

Here's the SO job posting associated to my post above! http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/28059

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
Just curious, and don't think I'm picking on you specifically because I see this every once in a while, but why are you

"working for some company but I won't tell you which!"

"and we're owned by a bigger company but that's also a big secret!"

The first question is going to be "hey uh which company? oh ok, let's proceed" so why not just get that out of way right off the bat?

epswing fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
JOB OFFER

Looking to add a full time ASP.NET MVC & WebAPI dev to our team. Our software products involve industrial plant automation (eg. opening and closing material gates, controlling conveyor belts, monitoring material flow, reading weigh scales and pulse meters, all in real time) and product dispatch (eg. dispatching orders to production plants, monitoring fleets of delivery trucks via GPS, load-balancing and optimizing workload across multiple production locations).

Our office atmosphere is casual. There is no strict dress code, and working hours are flexible. Our team is highly autonomous and we don't micromanage (which is why we favour candidates who have written code outside of work/school, and can run with new ideas). We work in a fairly niche market and sell to clients all over North America and the Caribbean. We're a fun group with a sense of humor, and we work hard to produce and support usable, effective software.

Posting: https://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/90204

Contact: apply to the posting above, and let me know via PM or email (ep@epswing.com)

• Locked thread