Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
EDIT: Found someone thanks!

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

feedmegin posted:

I'm a British citizen who moved to the US about 8 years ago and I'm looking to move back, preferably to Oxford. Anyone have any ideas on how best to go looking for a job in the UK these days, especially when I'm currently a continent away? Work permits and visas are not an issue, obviously, since I'm still British.

The contracting market is pretty boyant at the moment, however not sure how you're going to go about that without being able to attend interviews. Most jobs are via agencies, we've tried several times but failed to find good programmers outside of agencies or word of mouth. Putting an ad up doesn't seem to get anything other than a flood of interest from the subcontinent and I expect that's the same for a lot of organisations.

This is generally the site I use when looking for work http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/ - applying for jobs here will at least get you the interest of agencies and they may be better placed to give you advice on how to apply for jobs while out of the country.

I have to say though even when I only wanted to move from London to Birmingham getting them interested enough to stop offering me positions in London only was a chore.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 2, 2013

• Locked thread