Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Brio Solutions, the awesome place where I work, is currently hiring!

We're not necessarily a startup, but there are only 6 of us currently in our Fort Washington (Philly suburbs) office. The current team consists of 3 devs, (one of which is kind of a "lead dev" in the sense that he does a lot of the planning and architecture, but it's not anything that set in stone), an operations director (think project manager on steroids, she would be your day to day boss), and the two founders, who do a little dev work still, but mostly interface with clients to get more work.

Our devs are all full stack, but each brings a bit of expertise to the table. We are primarily a .NET shop, but that might not always be the case in the future, and we're definitely open to people with other C style language experience (one of our devs was a Java guy at first) and we'll bring you up to speed.

We do anything from simple CMS type websites (DotNetNuke) to fully customized Windows and web software.

tl,dr? Here's the formatted goodness:

Location: Fort Washington PA (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/TeFN7)
Languages & Frameworks: C#, ASP.NET, jQuery, Angular, Knockout
Things you like to do: Responsive Web Development, Mobile apps (you can finally be the one to get us working with Xamarin!)
Availability: Full-time

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sof/4723166346.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Might as well update this.

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs (willing to do partial commute to NYC if necessary)
Languages: C#, Javascript, HTML/CSS, SQL
Frameworks: AngularJS, Node, ASP.Net MVC/Web API
Things you like to do: I'm way into DevOps and Full Stack JS work right now (with everyone's least favorite stack - MEAN), but my bread and butter is ASP.NET web apps, usually with an angular SPA front end and a REST API back end. I do a lot with SQL Server and Mongo, but am open to learn other data store syntax/weird poo poo.
Availability: I'm actively looking for new full time work

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
JOB OFFER

So I just started (haven't even started yet) putting together a new team and we're looking for talented devs with innovative ideas. We're an insurance company (not health/auto) that's looking to build mobile/web apps to tap into some under-marketed demographics.

This team is going to be relatively small (right now we have our ideas guy/corporate liaison, a designer, and myself), and we have (basically) been given the directive that we work however we want to get product out. Methodologies are flexible and resources are nigh unlimited, so it's a good place if you're looking to get out of a rut.

I'm pretty flexible with languages and frameworks right now. I'm primarily a .NET guy, and we're probably going to start out using Xamarin to build our apps (because right now I'm the sole developer so I'm going with what I can get up quickly), but all ideas are welcome. Down the line we're going to have to interface with some of our internal applications (written/maintained by teams in Richmond, Chicago, and San Antonio) but we have already laid the foundations for a dedicated team to deal with creating integration apps that will talk in JSON which should let us change things up as we go.

This really is a great opportunity and I would LOVE to get some of the ridiculous talent I see on this subforum on board.

I'm not sure what the deal would be with relocation and all that but the benefits are really good and the work environment seems to be pretty awesome.

Contact: let me know (justin.steranko@gmail.com) or send resume/cover letter directly (futureofinsurance@gmail.com)

edit: here's the posting for a Front End position:

Front End Developer, NYC

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 5, 2015

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I don't know why you guys are putting your e-mail addresses in spoiler tags. That's not going to fool automated e-mail harvesting software.

Yeah the better route would be 'somename at gmail'

I learned that that hard way

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Might as well update this, what with the new (not legal yet) name and email

Languages: Javascript, C#
Frameworks: React, Node, ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI
Things you like to do: I love React and Node. Seriously I would rather not get back into .NET if I didn't have to. Actually, I don't even code all that much anymore at my current job. I do a lot of dev management (resource allocation, sprint planning, budgeting, project management) and would ideally like to continue doing a lot more of that.
Availability: I'm passively looking for new work. My current gig is pretty good (I work remote for a Manhattan company but I actually would rather be in more at a place in Philly)
Contact: allison e steranko, separated by dots at google mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I'm looking for part time (~10-15 hours a week) contract remote stuff in the React/Node (or .NET) line of work. I have a full time 9-5 (remote - Manhattan, I live in Philly) but I'm always looking to bring in some extra dough.

Allison E Steranko at gmail

• Locked thread