Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Anyone else find it funny that everyone itt looking for jobs are web programmers? I guess it helps to have skills that are actually marketable instead of knowing php.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Aturaten posted:

Yeah, web programmers are so nooby and such, the internet is a fad.

A big demand but an even bigger supply.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Bhaal posted:

Oh I get it so that makes them bad.

I did a fair amount of job hunting last year and while my experience in "marketable" skills eclipse my experiences in php and web dev work, for every C++ or similar position that came up, there were a dozen or more for web development. Take a guess at which one I got hired in and what I'm working with these days (hint, it's the stuff that's highly marketable right now).

Not bad for someone without a degree!

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

drjrock_obgyn posted:

Genius Pool

lol

i dont think so tim

blorpy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 5, 2010

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

DJ Sizzle posted:

You will be receiving specialized Niche Oracle training that will serve you well no matter what you do or where you go

Out of curiosity, how would that help me at any place that does actual programming?

• Locked thread