Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
Is there anyone that can do this for me?

quote:

Is there anyway to have a drop down menu list all the security groups in a particular LDAP OU? And further, is it possible to have a drop down list that lists all the user accounts that have a "memberOf" attribute matching a particular group name? Say, "Approving Managers" is an LDAP group, and I want the drop down list each member of that group. Even better would be if it could list by displayName and the key was actually the mail attribute. I've done this before manually but it's been a while and even if I could remember how to code this up I would have no idea how to integrate with WebForm.

One thing that immediately comes to mind is would this style of drop down cause a problem with the way Webform does form analysis? I'm not clear why Webform would need to read that drop down each time it runs the analysis, just because a manager is not part of the group doesn't mean forms approved by that manager should not show up as a percentage etc.

quicksketch - April 30, 2010 - 23:08
This requires custom coding but it is possible by implementing hook_webform_select_options() in a custom module. See the webform implementation in webform_webform_select_options_info() and read the docs in webform_hooks.php.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

Novo posted:

You don't say it, but it sounds like you need someone to write a custom module for use with Drupal's webform module? I've never worked with Drupal before but I've written a lot of PHP/LDAP glue scripts, so I could probably bang this out over the weekend. My contact info is already in the thread.

I have sent you an email.

Edit: I have engaged Novo. From my initial contact everything is going well with clear communication and a very fair offer.

Muslim Wookie fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 7, 2010

• Locked thread