Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Languages: Delphi, C#, VB.Net, T-SQL
Frameworks: .Net, WinAPI
Things you like to do: Database (SQL Server/ADO) Design/Maintenance, Web Services, User-Interface, Database Reporting, Consumer Software, etc.
Availability: I work from home so whenever really...

I work from home full-time for a corporation. I do "Application Development" for our company on the eastern side of the United States, from Maine down to Florida. Most of my projects include Web Services, Accounting, Database Design, and Data Entry/Reporting software projects similar to Softpro, etc. in Real Estate transactions.

I know Delphi, but primarily use it to support Legacy applications for my company and to maintain a program I wrote called PALS which is a Win32 Application driven through an ADO Database that handles data entry/reporting for insurance policies.

I use C# for Web Services primarily.

I use VB.Net currently for user applications.

I know enough HTML, etc. to utilize it on simple pages but I am not a designer. I am very right-brained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

mowhonic posted:

I need a developer to build a search app for my site.

We are a distibutor of wine to three states (NY, NJ, CT) and we want consumers to have the ability to search for stores near their location that we have recently sent inventory. The data will be extracted from quickbooks. The results will be shown as pings on a map (ala google maps, perhaps using the google maps api?). The pings will be clickable to show a list of wines that we shipped to that location within the past month or so.

A few years ago we had a programmer build us a basic search app in Rebol (do any legit developers use this language?) but we want more features and we dont think that he can get us to where we want to be. Here is the search he built.

If you are interested send me some examples of search apps you have done (if any), or like totally whatever to evan@organicvintages.com

I've done Quickbooks export/import. Am actually working on something similar at the moment, as well as database search/retrieval through webservices.

What sort of infrastructure are you working with? IIS? SQL Server?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

mowhonic posted:

Our current infrastructure is a "rebol script" that translates a report exported from quickbooks as an xls into some .dat files which serve as the database. This would probably be scrapped in favor of something that the new developer is familiar with.

How much volume of data are you talking about?

• Locked thread