Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005
[Copying this from the job fair thread since I hadn't realized there was a thread specific to developers.]

[Posting this on behalf of another person at my office this time. Same company as an earlier posting I made for an operations position that we eventually filled with a goon.]

Job Title: PHP Developer

Company: We're the ones behind the contest that hosted Hockey Scores (CBC Hockey Anthem Challenge)

What we want: Someone to do back end development involving Web Services, database performance and stability, add features, and improve integration between our systems and our clients. Along with having an closet in 151, we host a growing part of our infrastructure on S3 and EC2.

You'll be part of a team of front end and back developers, and be expected to meet some tight deadlines. Being able to multitask and handle multiple projects at the same time is a must.

Requirements

Degree in computer science or similar work experience
5+ years demonstrated development experience with hands-on coding in advanced HTML, CSS and JavaScript
Strong debugging skills and the ability to optimize code for speed
Working knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies: AJAX, JSON, XML, HTTPRequest, DOM, etc.
4+ years experience with PHP
Experience with multiple levels of data caching technologies
Exceptional knowledge of database theory and practice. (e.g. transactions, stored procedures, normalization, clustering, partitioning, replication, optimization and analysis).
Strong communication skills in English

Additional Skills

Creating and securing web services (xml, soap, rest, json, amf)
Scaling web applications on multiple servers
Expert level knowledge of HTML, Javascript, and CSS
Cloud computing experience
Understanding and implementation of unit tests
Working knowledge of Linux System administration
Ability to maintain and optimize multi tenant
Profiling / benchmarking a full LAMP stack

Our ideal candidate will be dedicated to developing high quality, well documented code. And be able to work well in a team, and as an individual.

Please PM me on the forums or email me at kevin@filemobile.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread