Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

cletus42o posted:

Company I work for is looking for someone immediately for a 2-3 week period.

Would prefer someone able to come in to the office. We're in midtown Manhattan.

We are looking for someone with experience in using the Google Maps API v3 (via JavaScript). The application is built in PHP/mySQL on CodeIgniter - familiarity with that would be great, but the primary need is someone who can handle complicated tasks with the mapping - here's a short list of what to expect -

- Creation/manipulation of custom-placed markers, circles, and polylines
- Adding additional Google Maps features (Drag & Zoom, Radius Display)
- Creating custom events on map
- Multiple KMLLayers displayed on the map at once
- Using DirectionsService to get distance, display distance in miles and feet, ability to drag markers & polyline and have distance updated automatically
- Retrieving a list of all markers visible in your viewport (not on the map as a whole) to be able to pass to PHP in order to create an Excel spreadsheet of items
- Import of items from an Excel spreadsheet to be displayed on the map in real time (the actual import would be done in PHP of course, so would likely be an AJAX call to send the Excel, with a JSON return to JavaScript with the lat/lngs and other info)

Some of those tasks are 90% completed already (or more), but mainly listed to give an idea of the API knowledge preferred.

If you're already extremely adept with the maps API v3, being able to work remotely could be a possibility.

PM me if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.
I might be a good fit -- do you have an email for those without PM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

cletus42o posted:

If there are any goons that know ColdFusion and are looking for full-time work in NYC, hit me up for more info - PM or cletus / fourdown -- org.
I did work for this company earlier last year. It was great, and the guys there are a lot of fun. Goon approved employer!

• Locked thread