Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D
You guys may be interested in this: http://www.madewithmischief.com/

It's an app that combines the best of painting with vectors. Check out the video, looks a bit like Paint Tool SAI or Painter (If you've ever tried this in Illustrator, you'll know your computer will normally cry at this kind of thing).

Demo is around 4mb, 15 day trial.

Edit: Tool shortcuts are weird, check 'em up in the Mischief menu.

the_lion fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Bored posted:

Windows 7 isn't letting me open the zip :(

I have a mac, but have a Windows virtual machine with Windows 7. I downloaded the file, installed it just fine. Maybe your browser isn't getting the whole file? I've uploaded it here for you, I hope it works. Otherwise, I guess you could email them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5274361/MischiefInstallerForPC.exe.zip

Man, that's way better than my test Frown Town! Just curious, was the app pretty responsive when you were drawing that?

Yeah, it's a shame that it's in their format. Not sure how Illustrator would handle the soft vectors though. I bet it would be chuggy, going from experience.

I didn't look at the price, I think i'll enjoy my 15 day trial but it's not worth it for the full thing. A shame. :(

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Bored posted:

Thank you so much. No problem with that one. I tried multiple times with theirs, restarted my computer. Crap, I forgot to try it on a different browser. Bet it was my browser.

No worries dude, hope you enjoy it.

Megaspel posted:

If you guys want a program which can work in vectors and bitmaps, Manga Studio probably has the best brush system in any art software right now. It's used by loads of great comic artists and illustrators and a billion times cheaper than Photoshop.

At first, I was put off by the "Manga" part, but it's really grown since it was first developed and is probably the best tool for multiple mediums.

Does it convert to other formats properly (eg psd and vector formats) or is it it's own thing like the Mischief app?
At least they are asking a fair amount- $50 does not seem like a huge price compared to what Mischief has.

I am just concerned I will turn to the dark side, and lose any concept of anatomy because it has "manga" in the title. (Kidding)

the_lion fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 9, 2013

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Bored posted:

Does mischief not export psd or jpeg format correctly? I didn't have time to dick around with it yesterday. But their tech support got back with me since they were clueless as to why my computer refused to save the file as anything but a zip even when I changed the name. Manga studio just takes up too much real estate on my little cintiq.

Well, that's odd - they don't mention psd export anywhere so I assumed it only exported it's own format and jpegs.
You can export to psd, but then you're losing the point of painting with vectors entirely. Might as well have just painted it in Painter or Photoshop.

Frown Town posted:

Yeah! It was pretty responsive. I was playing on it at work on my Win 7 PC - it's a pretty solid desktop computer though, so I'm not sure what it'd be like running on my Mac at home. I sent the developer a couple requests for new features that would make it more marketable to a mobile/social game developers. Fun app, though I definitely think the current asking price is a bit steep based on its feature set right now. I mean it's nothing compared to Photoshop, but if you can get Painter 12 for $60 (student edition), then... do that if you want to just paint. Painter was always my favorite digital painting application; I just transitioned to Photoshop for my work and failed to keep up with Painter.

Thanks for the review, i'd missed a few features and things you pointed out. I don't see why the developer didn't write a bit more documentation about their app, it sure could use it.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I don't know about tails, but I get a weird thing where sometimes I don't think my tablet registers that the stylus has left contact with it, so there are these weird, wispy, 1 px lines spider-webbing all over my drawings. Luckily you can't really see them unless you zoom way in.

In my experience, these tend also show up if you use layer masks. Any time you use layer masks and scale/rotate that layer then 1px lines will show up at the boundaries of the layer.

I teach and students have this all the time.

I can't say for certain that this is what is happening, but maybe it will help if you do. Easiest way is to zoom in/out to different percentages when you're done and hide them in the layer mask.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

sigma 6 posted:

Dammit. At least that means it should push down the price of the Surface 2 Pro... right?

This is my opinion too. The 2 Pro right now is too high an entry point for me, I'll wait for a $300-500 one and be happy with that. A version 3 is going to maintain the $1000 price (here at least).

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I caved in, bought the surface pro 2. I remember earlier people were making USB modifier keys, but has anyone come up with good shortcuts for Adobe stuff? I have the keyboard type cover thing but it mostly sucks ball when you want to sit on the couch.

Also, maybe I missed it but any alternative art apps or useful stuff I should check out? I've been stuck in Adobe and Apple's camp -haven't used windows since 2011.

I'm really surprised at the speed on this thing-only a little slower than my desktop!

the_lion fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 27, 2014

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Internet Friend posted:

For touchscreen hotkeys Toolbar Creator is a pretty user friendly app for making ArtDock-like shortcuts. On the Surface 3 at least though the pen being near the screen disables touch, so it's a bit wonky to use.

For hardware buttons I have one of these controllers which I can hold in my left hand against the back of the tablet and use for Ctrl+Shift+Alt in ZBrush, ect. You can probably find something cheaper that works. The important thing is that it's flat. I only have this because it's good for actually playing games.

As far as art apps, lots of people love Manga Studio these days and it works great on the Surface.

Brilliant-thanks for this!

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Aurora-Capitah posted:

I still can't decide why a cintiq type screen-tablet is any better in theory than a normal tablet aside from the fact I am used to drawing on paper.

In theory a separate tablet is better:

No hand occlusion
Attach to any PC
Bigger screen
Better ergonomics

So why am I still thinking of getting a drat surface pro 3 when I had a pro 1 and found it uncomfortable to use???

I guess I'm still just hoping it would be as easy as drawing on paper but it's just not quite there I don't think.

Maybe I should just stick to pencil and paper.

Aurora-Capitah posted:

I still can't decide why a cintiq type screen-tablet is any better in theory than a normal tablet aside from the fact I am used to drawing on paper.

In theory a separate tablet is better:

No hand occlusion
Attach to any PC
Bigger screen
Better ergonomics

So why am I still thinking of getting a drat surface pro 3 when I had a pro 1 and found it uncomfortable to use???

I guess I'm still just hoping it would be as easy as drawing on paper but it's just not quite there I don't think.

Maybe I should just stick to pencil and paper.

I have an Intuos 3 (from 2008) and a surface pro 2 for around 2 weeks-it's the portability that's great. The Intuos is collecting dust because I bought a giant one and moving stuff off the desk just to draw doesn't happen.

That said, sketching out is still better on paper for me-I'm not sure if this is because I'm still new to using the surface.

I think I like my brush pens and pencil too much, the dream is to get rid of paper but then I remember how happy paper makes me even though it's more tedious a workflow. You never win.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Anyone with a surface-does the typecover fall off really easy or is it just mine?

(Hope nobody minds me double posting...)

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Anyone hooked their iMac to the surface pro and used the iMac as a monitor?

There seems to be inconclusive evidence on the net. I've got a late 2012 iMac and a surface pro 2. The older iMacs seem to work (there's a video on YouTube) but not much on my model or above.

YouTube guy says you can use a mini display port cable ($8) or a thunderbolt cable ($40).

Reichsstand posted:

If your type cover is new, I would recommend exchanging it at the store. It means the magnets are defective.

Good advice-new cover is rock solid. Thanks!

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

So today I got my replacement pen for my surface pro 2, the wacom feel stylus for surface.

This pen is far, far better. I highly recommend it. Suddenly, I can actually get really thin lines and strokes feel amazing. It is far better than the original, some forum said they have updated drivers or something.

I'm not sure if anyone else knows about alternatives to Microsoft's pens but is love to hear if you do! The Feel is quite expensive but maybe there's a few I don't know about...

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

My Surface Pro after 40 minutes of use starts to register rapid screen touches (usually in the middle of the screen).

Sometimes it goes away quick but mostly it is super irritating-particularly if you were typing something.

Anyone had this problem? Tried the usual stuff like cleaning the screen or reinstalling the wacom driver.

the_lion fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 18, 2015

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Microsoft pushed out some huge firmware updates last night, including some display drivers, so check if you have those.

Ah, missed those somehow. Thanks, will give them a go.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

My Pro 2 had hardware issues, and got replaced with a Pro 3. Very happy.

However, using the Surface App to modify the N-Trig pen pressure to get it right requires you to change your login to a Microsoft account to install it from the Windows store.

Is there a way around that? Don't really want my login being my Microsoft account really.
I tried the App once, but it also doesn't appear to pick up the pen for me.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

neonnoodle posted:

Microsoft is moving toward using the MS login for everything, not much you can do there.

NRVNQSR posted:

I managed it somehow. I think if you say "no" in the right way you should be able to get it to let you sign into just the Store app while still using a Local Account on the device. (You'll still need to use a MS account, but it doesn't need to be your login on the Surface.)

There's actually a really small option I didn't see the first time on the "switch to a microsoft login" screen which says something like "go ahead with local" (I forget the exact wording) but yep - it can be done!
They try to discourage you from doing it too.

Anyway, thanks a heap.

Arthil posted:

I think this would be the right place to ask! I'm wondering what I should look at in terms of my first tablet, it will be mainly used in photoshop and illustrator. Does the fact that I have big hands make much of a difference, as well?

It's down to style you like to work. I'm assuming you bought it to draw on.

Do you make large sweeping movements with your hands when drawing?
If yes, go with the bigger size.

If you work in really short strokes, go with the smaller sizes of wacom.
The differences in pressure probably between the models won't bother you until you outgrow the tablet in years to come and eventually buy a better tablet that is more shiny.

I started with one of the smallest tablets that they don't make any more (graphire 2), moved to an intuous 3 (the bigass one) and then switched to a Surface because I like drawing on screen. I found there was a disconnect between onscreen and me using a tablet. I never got used to it so drawing on screen works great and the intuos sits in a cupboard somewhere.

mutata posted:

Just bought a Yiynova MSP19U+, ask me anything.

I had considered this a while back. Maybe tell us about your setup?
Mac / Windows? What you're using it for?
Have you used other big type monitors before?
I remember Frenden said something about slightly wonky lines but that was ages back.
Drivers are probably better now.

I considered it because I wanted to have a sit down "do 2D animation" type setup somewhere so I don't get distracted by other things like email or the web.
I have read a lot of people get backache from these big cintiq type setups. My boss mentions it all the time.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

kefkafloyd posted:

I would suggest looking at an Ergotron sit-stand arm. Frown Town's got one there on their 27HD. You can clamp it on to any desk or table and position the cintiq any way you want and use it standing up or sitting down.

neonnoodle posted:

Honestly the only way that working at a cintiq has ever been comfortable for me has been when I made a makeshift standing desk for it. But unfortunately I moved and don't have the same furniture anymore. :(

Working on it at a seated position is awkward and gets painful after a while.

mutata posted:

I think a good stand or arm is vital to working with these things. Being able to shift posture/position at will is really nice. The best all around position, though, is at a pretty steep angle, like a painting easel. That's the best you're gonna get. Anything else and you're hunching over like a mad scientist.

Good to know for future reference when I finally do this.
I tried my bosses once and I was sold on the pressure sensitivity, that's for sure.
Made me realise that tablets were the dumb way of doing it for me after so many years.

mutata posted:

Yiv review words

Sweet review, good info.

For the glass coating, maybe someone out there makes a screen protector thing you can put over it to get the resistance? I'm taking a stab in the dark here but I have a tempered glass super thin protector on my phone that does the job for example. I've heard surface pro guys do this.

I think the drivers for OSX are in the same state: bit of fooling around involved.
Probably 80% osx and 20% windows for me at this stage, though that might switch in the future.
What sold me was that Frenden said there was actually less lag than a Cintiq.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Anyone upgraded to Windows 10 on a Surface pro yet?

I've got the Pro 3, wondering whether it will fix my problem (pen drops out every ten minutes).

Those smudge guards are really good, I second that. The Pro 3 was unusable to me without it.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Are there any good online apps for collaborative drawing with friends?
Preferably mac based.

I swear a while back I saw some artists (maybe shmorky?) do this, but I can't remember what they were using. Might even have just been google hangouts or Skype.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Strotski posted:

http://drawpile.net/download/
https://awwapp.com/
http://flockdraw.com/

I only ever used flockdraw and awwapp, so can't vouch for drawpile but it looks good and it's multiplatform

Edit: Tried drawpile and it's the most advanced of the bunch, but it requires installing so might be a con for some.

Thanks buddy! Exactly what I was looking for.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Not sure if it's Australia only, but surface Pro users will be interested to know that Microsoft is doing a recall of the power adapters due to overheating.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/01/microsoft-is-recalling-surface-pro-power-cables-due-to-overheating/

Edit : here's the link. It's worldwide.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/powercord 

the_lion fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 22, 2016

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I woukd also like some thoughts in the Pro 3 and even 4. I need something for train rides, down time at work and couch sketching.

I'm a lovely bad idiot artist but I think I would get better if I had something that convenient at all times. Plus, my tax return was pretty nice.

This is why I bought mine, I just wanted to improve. I have the Pro 3.

1) Most things, rosy as poo poo.
2) Expect to get lots of questions from other passengers on train rides.
I'm not even that great an artist but people find it amazing. Usually I let people have a go and their mind is blown.
3) Go for the 8GB ram versions. You won't regret it.

Downsides I found with mine.
1) Animating on it is a pain in the rear end in AE. Keyframes are really hard to grab, even with a mouse.
2) I'm not sure if it's just me but regularly my pen drops out. I think this may be just a faulty pen.
3) You will have minor glitches. I had the Pro 2 before this one, you just work around them.
4) Cinema4D runs, but is not great. I expected this though. I pretty much never attempt any 3D but i've seen guys use Zbrush so your mileage may vary.

the_lion fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 16, 2016

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I just bought a huion gt185 (shortly before realising there's a v2 upgrade that just came out-doh!) and so far so good.

Going to take a while to get used to though. I swear I remember reading on here that people with cintiqs were using protectors on their screens so they got more/less resistance (I forget which) and less of the strange glass feel when drawing.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Electricb7 posted:

Any recommendations for replacing a 21ux with something other than a Cintiq? Iv used a Cintiq so long Iv never really payed attention to competitor models.

I would just get the newer model but I dont want to shell out another $2000.

Have a look at a huion, I think the 220 v2 is what you'd want. I have one of the older models for about 3-5 months now.
No problems.

Frenden on his side often reviews other brands, you should check his blog out.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I love the Microsoft Surface pro series but this is my second one to break down and stop working. First I had the pro 2 for two years, then the pro 3 for 1.5 years.

Am I just unlucky?

Mildly curious, because the surface pro artist guy has been reviewing a lot of competitors. I'm not sure if I will stay with Microsoft or switch to another brand.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

cloudy posted:

https://www.consumerreports.org/laptop-computers/microsoft-surface-laptops-and-tablets-not-recommended-by-consumer-reports/

Probably slightly unlucky, but not as unlucky as you might imagine.

I've had my surface pro for 3 years now. I really want their reliability to improve by the time I need a new one because I love their concept so much.

Well, that link certainly puts things in perspective. Thanks!

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

cloudy posted:

No problem! Do you still have the link to these reviews you could post?:

I'm curious to see good reviews done by artists.

Sure, you can see those here : http://surfaceproartist.com/reviews-1/

Frenden was my go to guy for reviews, but he doesn't post much any more.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I've got an imac and a brand new pc- is the best way to share a drawing monitor like a cintiq or huion between both machines to use a kvm or is there a better solution?

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Wowporn posted:

I downloaded and used clip studio on my ipad for a couple minutes, seems cool to have the full functionality of it (having crop tool and resize ability whoooooooooo)

My fear that it wouldn’t run super smooth is a little true, working at 600 dpi and resizing/panning around feels a little chuggy. If I turn the smoothing up to 100 each stroke lags behind by like 2 seconds, turned down to 25 it’s more manageable but a little sad considering one of the things I like so much about the iPad is how little input lag their is on each stroke compared to my Ugee tablet monitor. Also I feel like the default painting brushes are not nearly as good/as many as there are in the desktop version of ex? I have Frenden brushes I can import but as detailed above that process seems like it’ll take a while to get all like 60whatever brushes

That's real interesting because Frenden said he was recording and working at 600dpi without any real issue on his iPad with clip paint.

http://frenden.com/post/167372727092/clip-studio-paint-the-ipad-pro-art-studio-house

kefkafloyd posted:

KVM. Synergy would add too much lag.

Got it. Thanks! I'm now trying to find a model of kvm that'll do what I want. Iogear has one, but it's touchy on non mouse/keyboard usb devices apparently.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I just saw this, wired pen for all iPads except first gen. $30

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/06/sonarpen-stylus-ipad-pressure-sensing/

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

I've got the huion gt220 (original, not the v2), but it seems huion took the drivers down. Anyone got a backup of those for mac/pc?

the_lion fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 24, 2018

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm seeing a lot of options from Huion. They have an H420 for $30, H430p for $35, the H610p for $50 as well as the H640p for $50. Unless there's something ridiculously good about the smaller tablets, would you still suggest the 610 or go for the 640?

I usually go by the Amazon reviews. Usually, there's plenty of reviews, and it might help you make the call for your specific machine setup. I have the GT-185 by huion and it's awesome, I picked it that way.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Tell me goons, are all SP4s this bad, or is mine hosed? Because I decided to draw a few lines using a ruler to test out the jitter, and I could practically surf on those loving waves.

Compare that to the Lenovo I use at work, and even drawn at a crawl it is pretty drat acceptable:

It's the same in all apps.

A lot of devices, this happens on. I wish it didn't. I remember that when frenden used to test tablets, that's one of the things he'd always test.

I've had the surface pro 2,3 and now 2017. I think my 2 had it but don't remember if my 2017 has it. Unfortunately I just work around it by zooming in and drawing the line in pieces. Not ideal, I know.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

So my 11 year old pen tablet is dying and I'm going to need to replace it.

I'm thinking about maybe getting a pen monitor, but i need to know what the gently caress I'd be getting myself into, and that means asking questions.

What manufacturers are there?
What are their prices like?
How about the longevity of their products?
I'm running a multi monitor set up, is that going to be a problem? I've got open HDMI and display ports still.
Also, I'm using a rather old version of photoshop, problem or not?

Oh. I can spend about 600 bux but I'd really rather spend less than that you know.

If you're doing it on the cheap, check out the Huion and Xp-pens on Amazon. I think Brad Colbow on YouTube has a lot of good reviews as well.

Had a Huion for 3 years now, I forget which model but they no longer sell it (it's 720p).

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

beergod posted:

Just picked up an Intuous pro medium. Looking to do digital photo editing and learn 3D sculpting.

Any thread-consensus resources to get me started?

Start with blender 2.8, and then give zbrush a try once you've been doing it for a while. Blender is great, particularly for free. Zbrush and Zbrushcore are a bit on the pricey side, but it feels more fluid than Blender to me. Zbrush you buy once and you get unlimited upgrades.

Photo editing, I think Photoshop is $10/month. Affinity sell a good photo editor, that's just a once off payment but probably not as good imo.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Listerine posted:

Sculptris was a free sculpter and got bought by the Zbrush folks, not sure it it's still out there or supported but that used to be a good free intro to sculpting.

Yeah, but it is more limited than Blender. Blender you have most of the zbrush style brushes, sculptris you have a very small toolset so you end up compromising.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Old Boot posted:

So, I'm a hobbyist these days with a deep disdain for Wacom's lovely gatekeeping re: the Cintiq, am not super impressed by the ONE given its limitations, and am not really into the idea of dropping $700+ for a low-end Cintiq (w/ stand) when there could be something better out there.

I've heard a lot of talk about iPad, but I don't really know that I want to pay that much for what would effectively be a drawing tablet. Yes, it'd be nice to use at work, but at work, I'm mostly using traditional media anyway, so it's not a niche that needs filling, save maybe to save on space in my work bag. Given the price of an iPad, is ProCreate worth it?

Huion is the one that keeps floating to the surface, and I've been eyeballing the 16 Pro for a while now. I saw the earlier review of the 13, and something mentioned about the tilt pen? Anyone feel like filling me in on the current Cintiq alternatives and their pros/cons, or linking posts in this here thread that I can pick through?

EDIT: To be more precise with what I'm looking for--

Though I'm a hobbyist, I still like to sketch/shade/color in my spare time, and have been doing it a lot more these days. I'm mostly looking ahead to the model that I'll eventually want to purchase rather than going the baby steps route, so-- larger screen, fully featured, etc. Or would baby steps be more worthwhile here, in spite of that ultimately costing way more money?

I've primarily used Wacom's Intuos line for going on a decade now, and while my recent Pro has been serviceable, it's five years old, and I just-- really want a display tablet already.

I've had my Huion for 2-4 years now, pretty happy with it given how much I paid for it. I'd check out one of those tech reviewers like Brad Colbow on YouTube and Amazon for up to date model reviews (they don't sell mine anymore). Mostly, the difference is when you draw a slow diagonal line with any of these non Wacom monitors is that you'll get line wiggle. I haven't noticed it at all on mine. Using OSX and windows 10 if that matters to you.

There's a heap of brands now, Huion and XP-pen are just two of them. iPads are great though, I wish that's been an option and had more software support (eg ZBrush) for my usage.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What's a good sketch app for Windows these days, would it still be Sketchable? CSP is good but has way too much UI on a Surface screen, and there ain't no Procreate.

Autodesk Sketchbook is good and free for sketching.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Trying to set up a wacom tablet on my sister's 4K imac and the cursor is really hard to see when you're sketching. Is there a way to make the cursor larger when you're drawing or hovering over the tablet, but not when you're using the mouse? google just tells me how to adjust brush sizes :shrug:

e: if it matters, its an Intuos CTH-480 but i guess the driver is the same for all of them

I assume you're using Photoshop, in the prefs there's a way to change the icon for your mouse pointer. One of them is the brush size.

I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't take a screenshot for you. :(

If you're not, maybe try this? https://www.howtogeek.com/317969/how-to-make-the-mouse-cursor-bigger-or-smaller-on-your-mac/amp/

the_lion fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

Listerine posted:

Anybody know anything about XP-Pen?

https://www.xp-pen.com/

Unless I missed something, I don't think I've seen them discussed in this thread. Wondering if they're any good.

A lot of the YouTube reviewers like Brad Colbow are talking about them a lot, he's reviewed at least 5 I think. He's probably one of the better reviewers in my opinion.