Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I guess if you slap medals and a white belt onto anything, it becomes parade dress.

Grab your dress hoodie and ballcap—we gotta look good for the CDS.

Don't forget to grab your (I'm sure, quite at hand) sword!

I unironically love that picture - working with the rangers has always been a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

Anyone able to get me a new rucksack?

Why would you wish that pain upon yourself?

So I don’t really have anyone to share this with right now, but I just got the assessor’s decision from the DND/CAF Sexual Misconduct Class Action and it’s SO loving GOOD to have it in writing and acknowledged that yes, poo poo was hosed up. Didn’t think it would hit me this hard.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

Sexual misconduct class action?

Also what are you smoking? The new rucks blow the 82 patterns out of the loving water. Its night and day.

https://www.caf-dndsexualmisconductclassaction.ca

The perfect ruck is the 64 pattern and it's only gone downhill since.

acumen posted:

I'd still take an 82 pattern over the new one but they're both hot garbage for fieldwork. Jump rucks are king, stack that poo poo as high as you can go.

:hmmyes:

Fearless posted:

I can easily see how having your experiences validated would be extremely meaningful-- it's a statement that someone else, especially someone in a position of power, recognizes that you've been through something that's wrong. I hope this helps you find peace and healing.

I really didn't think I would care. I hope so too, thanks.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
My crusty WO immediately went to bright fluorescent pink hair, so that the troops would feel more comfortable with non-conservative hairstyles. He’s a gem.

Some chain of comds are still Just Not Getting It (I’m looking at you BGen REDACTED, for banning sunglasses with “bright” frames or lenses within your formation (And having the loving nerve to send your EA around to people to tell them that “The General doesn’t like your sunglasses”))

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

Jcam posted:

TRP is just the rebranded WFT from when you and I were there in the late 2000’s, my partner went through in 2020 and I was just as confused. Then I remembered acronyms give good PER points!

Uh, excuse me, that's a PAR now.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
Beards, boots, and bongs, as I heard some clever young troops saying.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
Who in the actual gently caress thinks Blair is any any way whatsoever qualified for this job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
Glad to see our comrades in the senior service able to move to civilian employment easily in 6~ years time when their housing allowance cuts off for arbitrary entirely reasonable reasons.