Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

It also doesn't seem to get "albatross contracts", I traded Jason Kendall and Jeff Suppan ($12.5m contract, 2 yrs) to the Mets for Livan Hernandez ($1m, 1 year) and cash. I haven't tried trading Vernon Wells but I bet you could if you tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

How can I stop the sim ai from running out 17 year old Sandy Koufax to go 1-31 with a 8.00 ERA, forever making his stats look super retarded? He stays in the majors but his ERA hovers around 6.50 until he turns 25 when he becomes league average.

The same thing happened to Ted Williams except he washed out out of the league at 25 and I'd like to stop that if possible

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah this is BBM. I went to 1935 to check out Williams getting drafted to see what made them bump him immediately - he starts, fresh out of highschool, at 82 overall, which makes him instantly the best LF on the roster for any team that drafts him (the latest I've seen him go was the third pick)

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Willninho posted:

I don't want to start a new thread for this, and I wager there's at least some sort of convergence between the groups, but is there a good football sim? I really liked Front Office Football 5 years ago or whenever I played it, but the most recent version seems to be from 2007. Is there anything else good out there?

No. I've looked and the closest I've found is Football Mogul by the same people who make Baseball Mogul but it's just bad. In a few years it could be something but right now it's not worth your time or money.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Don't believe it's been posted, but BBM 2011 is out. I'm having a poo poo ton of runners getting thrown out going for extra bases - started a game as the 1995 Brewers, my catcher went 3 for 4 off Roger Clemens but was never actually on base. He got thrown out going for third on a double once and thrown out going for second on a single twice.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

whateverfor posted:

Could you try making a bunch of dumb trades and see if the trading system is actually fixed?

Okay. In Mogul 2010 I traded Dave Bush and some non-prospects for Justin Upton. Now it takes a bit more realistic offer to get future superstars. You certainly can't get them by adding middling to bad major league players with gigantic contracts until the AI says "sure okay." Here's one that I did in a 2009 game:

Brewers give:
JJ Hardy
7(!) prospects projected in the high 70s to mid 80s overall

Diamondbacks give:
Justin Upton
$500,000

It still doesn't value negatives properly - I was able to add Jeff Suppan, Chris Capuano, and David Riske and nothing changed about the deal. Still, that's a definite improvement over last year.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I'm in the middle of an OOTP11 game starting from 1891 and basically any injury is brutal. I did a fantasy draft because what the heck why not, so my team's in first place in late July. But my starting shortstop (Germany Long) just got injured and is out for 4 weeks, and there are no free agents. Literally none. There are no minor leaguers either.

1. is this my fault for not clicking some "generate fictional players" button at game creation
2. if yes, can I press that button now and sign a shortstop

If nothing else I have like 6 catchers and one of them can play shortstop passably even if I can't trade for one

bonus pic of staff ace Jouett Meekin who leads the league in wins, games started, innings pitched, complete games, shutouts, VORP, hits/9, strikeouts, K/9, K/BB, OAV, and FIP. third in ERA though, slacker

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Cheezymadman posted:

Maybe my knowledge of pre-strike baseball is lacking, but what teams SLN and CHN? Those abbreviations don't ring any bells with me.

St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs, I think (SLN = st. louis national league, as opposed to the SLA st. louis browns)

Personally I change those to SLC and CHC but I think two letters + N or A for league is the default

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

pre:
Brewers		AB	H	BB	R	HR	RBI	
Jim Gantner PH	1	1	0	1	1	4
least likely grand slam ever? came in the 8th inning against bill campbell, who is (I think) the Red Sox's closer, putting the brewers up 8-5, the eventual margin of victory

1979 owns

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Also the Blue Jays moved to Alaska and apparently it's the greatest pitcher's park ever made, dang

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I dunno, Shoeless Joe playing 0 games in 1922 is pretty historically accurate

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I noticed when building an encyclopedia that a Dick Green of the 1969 Oakland Athletics had walked 242 times, 216 intentionally, for a batting line of .256/.545/.338

Does anyone know if I can find out who he was batting in front of? Not that there's literally anyone in the world it makes sense to walk him that many times for, not with a .338 SLG

This is from the earliest save I have in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

So, who remembers that thing I did where I created a bunch of Goons in OOTP and then got burnt out because I bit off more than I could chew since I couldn't find a place to upload stats and had to start doing them by hand?

I got bored and am simming out the years to get career stats, would you guys be interested enough in a final retrospective and history for me to make a new thread about it or should I just do some shorter info dump posts in here?

Sidenote: someone (who is still playing as I sim) is going to go down as one of the greatest players in history.

I'm definitely interested enough to see what happened, Male Biun Jr. was throwing hella fire

• Locked thread