Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...
You can do the expansions whenever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

con
Aug 5, 2004

I'm in a very active online league for OOTPX that might be facing contraction next year if we can't find owners for 4 teams I think. Would anyone be interested in joining it? I can pass your e-mails along to the guy who's commishing it. We are just heading into the World Series in 2024 so this is the perfect time to join and get into the off-season and the draft.

con fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 31, 2009

con
Aug 5, 2004

Willninho posted:

I don't want to start a new thread for this, and I wager there's at least some sort of convergence between the groups, but is there a good football sim? I really liked Front Office Football 5 years ago or whenever I played it, but the most recent version seems to be from 2007. Is there anything else good out there?

There is Total Pro Football and FOF 2007. Never really got into either though. TPF isn't available to buy anymore because the company went out of business though so FOF2007 is the only available one I guess.

con fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 3, 2010

con
Aug 5, 2004

I'm 99% sure that OOTP Developments released OOTP6 for free along with the previous versions.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Yes, you need to assign scouts to scout your organization constantly.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Aw shucks. Ain't that a heartfelt goodbye. :(

con
Aug 5, 2004

I have an old old old account on BBSC. If I can remember the details I might sign up for this. What version of OOTP is this?

con
Aug 5, 2004

I just upgraded to windows 7 and OOTP X won't start up for me after a fresh install. Do I need to run in compatibility mode or something?

edit: Yes I do, nevermind.

con
Aug 5, 2004

It's pretty realistic. Some guys will never achieve their potential no matter what, once in a while you get a 2* Potential guy who has a few years where he puts up MVP/Cy Young numbers. The most important thing with developing talent in my opinion is to not rush players. Some guys needs to stay in Rookie/A/A+ ball a few years until moving them up into AA/AAA. I really like to draft guys with high work ethic and intelligence ratings as that seems to reduce the volatility in my opinion, but everyone has their preferred qualities in players.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Telex posted:

before I blow my license code, they did say that your one code works on both mac and PC installs right?

I'm on a mac right now, someday I'll be on a PC again...

Yes, you have 2 total licenses that you can use on either platform.

con
Aug 5, 2004

If you go to Manager Options you can set you minor league lineups/depth charts and personnel decisions to auto or something and the CPU will manage it for you so you can concentrate on the ML team.

con
Aug 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure you can lock a player in as a starter, but I haven't messed around with it in a while so don't quote me on that.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Is there any interest in a somethingawful OOTP 12 online league?

con
Aug 5, 2004

The commissioner runs a simulation, usually 7 days at a time, a few times a week. In between each sim you download the updates, make any changes to your franchise that you want, then upload them. I am only in one right now and kind of want to do another one because the one I'm in right now is fun but my team and franchise are horrible and I have spent the better part of 10 seasons turning the franchise around only to have Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect syndrome.

con
Aug 5, 2004

stuart scott irl posted:

Is an OOTP 12 SA league going down? I'd be on board for that.

Once I get some down time, I've been working 60-80 hours a week the past few months, I'll look into how to get one going and seeing exactly what it takes to run one. I'd like to do a small 2 league, 16 team setup, with an inaugural draft and go from there. I have never done one before and am not sure how much time it takes to import the managing exports, and getting a server for the league file and stuff.

con
Aug 5, 2004

And yet in all the years I have been playing this game not one guy has broken a collarbone carrying deer meat or sliced their hand open while opening a DVD case.

Also, I won't have the time to put an online league together. But if someone else wants to take the reigns I can help as much as possible.

con
Aug 5, 2004

I like 1 or 2.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Create a manager and select commissioner mode.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Somewhere out there is a player who can never be injured. He is "unbreakable" in a sense.

con
Aug 5, 2004

You can email the elicense support and get them reset. They will get back to you within a day or two.

con
Aug 5, 2004

tadashi posted:

Also, there's some room in the above referenced league if anyone's interested. It's moving to OOTP 13 shortly. 10 teams are available. The owners who have stuck with it are very active. The commish is not a goon but he's a good guy who sims on time and communicates well if something's up.

I would love to join the league when it moves to 13. Where can I sign up?

con
Aug 5, 2004

tadashi posted:

There are several of us still in this league (It's MLB-based but going into the 2020 off-season):

http://simcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php/245-SimCentral-MLB

http://www.rujasu.net/scmlb/news/html/leagues/league_100_home.html

There are several teams available. If you register on the forums over there, Tavarin, Harlock, or I could try to get your account activated. The guy who runs it sometimes takes a while. It's a good league with plenty of activity between the GMs and a community that has been together for a long time.

Just joined this league as the Dodgers. I have an old account there back from 2002 I think. Wow I have been away from that forum for a long time.

con
Aug 5, 2004

I'm starting an OOTP 16 league with the opening day rosters from 2015. Currently I have these teams spoken for:

Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, White Sox, Angels, Braves, Brewers, Cardinals, Pirates, Cubs, Reds, Dodgers, Padres

If you are interested in taking over any of the open teams let me know. I can direct you to the website we are running this on and give you a run down of the settings.

con
Aug 5, 2004

The sign-up thread is here:

http://simchampions.com/t/ootp-league-discussion.2616/

Hoping to get this filled up through the weekend and get our first sim in on Monday night.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Letting everyone who joined my league know we are full and hoping to have the first sim on Wednesday night. More information has been posted on the forum.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Finished our first season in the online league I'm running. Have a few openings. If you're interested let me know and I can link you to our forum.

con
Aug 5, 2004

The OOTP online league I run is now entering its 2nd off-season. We have a number of openings:

Tigers
Royals
Twins
Astros
Athletics
Rangers
Braves
Mets
Nationals
Reds
Rockies
Giants

Here's is a copy of my post from the OOTP forums

quote:

We run a modern league setup going into its 2nd season. Our relevant settings:

League Forum
Rules and Settings
Player Aging Speed: 0.900
Dev Speed: 1.000
Ratings Scale 20 - 80
A system for participating in the league and receiving points that can be redeemed for various rewards.
7 Day Sims at 4 days a week. These sims are live broadcast on twitch at 10pm EST on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

We are planning on having radio shows every Tuesday night to discuss the league during the season which will also be broadcast on twitch.

We have a great website with a chatroom built into it. It works on any browser (so it works on mobile devices) and we have a facebook style messenger system being worked on.

We also plan on having the reports site and online utilities put together sometime in December/January once I have time off to work on it.

All in all this is an exciting OOTP league to be in with a lot of great stuff planned. If you are interested in joining contact me here or through a PM. Or join our website and post in the sign-up thread. If you have any questions let me know.

If you have any questions let me know by PM or replying here.

con
Aug 5, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I appreciate that this post is nearly three weeks old so my reply might now be redundant, but what does being in an OOTP league involve? I mean how does it work?

Also, if it's not to late, are you still looking for owners?

Yeah looking to fill the Giants, Astros, Royals, and Mets.

Being in an online league you play it just like normal but you have to download a new file after every sim. This can be done in-game, but if there's a problem you'll have to download it from a website and just put the folder into your saved_games folder. Before every sim you'll export your changes to the ftp server, also done in-game, and I will import whatever changes you made to your organization before the next sim.

When I run the sims I broadcast them live on twitch most of the time and our website has a chatroom and we usually have a substantial turnout to watch the games. These usually last about an hour.

Is that a good explanation?

con fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

con
Aug 5, 2004

I have an OOTP 16 online league and looking for a Mariners GM. We are halfway through the 2018 off-season and will be moving to OOTP 17 after the ASB sale. If you're interested let me know.

• Locked thread