Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Does OOTP10 do expansion drafts? If so, can I run them whenever I want, or are they just hard-coded for historical expansions a la BBM? I really, really, really want to create my 32-team, 8-division MLB idea with an expansion draft in 2010 but BBM won't let me do that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

gyroball posted:

Unless I'm mistaken about what you're asking, it should be REALLY easy in OOTP. Game -> Game Setup -> League setup -> "Expand League & Expansion Draft"

Save beforehand, this has crashed for me before

Can I change the league setup from 3 divisions to 4 and eliminate the WC?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

gyroball posted:

You'll have to do it after the expansion draft but, yeah, that should be no problem at all.

welp time to spend some christmas money then

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Scrotos posted:

For those of you that play HBD and OOTP are they very similar?

Is there enough variation to make playing both worth while?

They actually are a lot similar, though coach hiring is a lot less painful.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

In OOTP 12, is there any way to edit the MLB and, say, add 2 new teams and do an expansion draft in 2012? I tried making a custom league but I can't add teams or anything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

Doltos posted:

You can sign the best scouts the game has to offer from the Taiwan and Korean leagues and get the same result. I've signed guys that have had career .270+ years every year that immediately go down to .220 the second they're on my team (which has top tier coaches too). You can build obvious super teams of Kershaw/Scherzer/Sale and have 4.00 eras. You can have a 1-4 of Trout/Harper/Goldschmidt/Stanton and finish randomly on runs and HRs, sometimes leading the league and sometimes falling to last place. You can reload your save, run the season, and have drastically different results.

Just feels too random.

Welcome to baseball fandom

• Locked thread