Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Springfield Fatts posted:

Southern Heel how's Hobgoblin going using multibase? The individual casualty tracking immediately put me off it.

I thought Hobgoblin didn't use individual casualty tracking, or we're playing it completely wrong? At least when we played it (again, I have not read the actual rulebook) each unit just stays on the board and takes damage counters, normally being wiped off the board when you get 10 of them IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I thought it did, though this was back when it was the open beta and not the actual finalized product.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Springfield Fatts posted:

Southern Heel how's Hobgoblin going using multibase? The individual casualty tracking immediately put me off it.

I have no idea, i've not actually played it yet - but given that I've playing Warhammer 3rd Edition with multi-bases, the most finicky and ridicolous of systems for individual figures which turned out absolutely fine, I wouldn't worry about it honestly...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lilljonas posted:

I thought Hobgoblin didn't use individual casualty tracking, or we're playing it completely wrong? At least when we played it (again, I have not read the actual rulebook) each unit just stays on the board and takes damage counters, normally being wiped off the board when you get 10 of them IIRC.

Yeah, looking at the rules again, there's no "Individual casualty tracking" - units gain "Doom Tokens" as a result of combat and when they get more than their Courage stat (10 +/- any modifiers), they become Broken and get removed from play in the last phase of the turn.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Oh ok so it's like KoW and the Nerve stat. That could work fine.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
The doom tokens are both the equivalent of wounds and also a psychology mechanic. You gain doom tokens when a unit is hit, but you can also add on doom tokens using the special cards under specific circumstances, when you get flanked, or when a friendly unit within range gets wiped. Then you can buy as a trait for unit to either be tougher (ignoring the first doom token in each combat, for example) or immune to panic (not taking doom tokens when friendly units are wiped). Horde units have the same damage output as regular units, but can take twice the doom tokens before being wiped.

One of the most powerful moves we've found this far is the card that gives you the ability to fight on one more turn even after reaching the doom threshold. Chariots are really nasty glass cannons that tend to die while taking an enemy unit down with them (they can only take 5 doom), so being able to effectively kamikaze a unit, resurrect the chariot, and then blow up a second unit is very strong.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 17, 2024

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

lilljonas posted:

One of the most powerful moves we've found ...

That seems a bit too much like a game-breaking l33t combination rather than a fun exploration of the rules...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gotta say "Fallout: Factions" is really terrible SEO. Are the Nuka World gang sprues already released for Wastelamd Warfare or still on pre-order? Does anyone know if it'd be possible to use like 3d printed stuff to kitbash them as some of the Vegas gangs (Khans, Vipers, Fiends)?