Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Crow from MST3K lookin rear end

I’m seeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Went to see a 2008 F800GS today, 22k km on the odo, for 7 000 euros. Whats CA opinion on the bike?

It has brand new tires (Michelin, knobbier tread, didnt look closer) , new sprockets and chain and just done yearly maintenance with oils etc. Got SW motech racks and aluminum side cases and a touratech navigator stand and comes with a garmin navi.

Doesnt seem like a bad deal? Need to wait for the snow to melt to test ride it to see how it feels.

Do I have to change CA to ADVrider if I get it :(

I rented an f800gs for about a week of on-road use. Power was fine, but felt like it wanted to sit high in the rev range, so it always felt like i was out of room - definitely found the rev-limiter during a pass, which was a little jarring. Otherwise, it was capable and well built, but not very exciting ::bmw::

Later on I bought 2009 f650gs twin (same engine/bike, but fiddled-with). Ownership was pretty simple, except that the stator and R/R shat out, which is common and something to check about. Charging system replacement ran me about $1k USD.

Personally, I hate that they have dip-sticks for checking oil.

Otherwise, no complaints.

Deal seems solid if there’s no problem with the bike.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
I don’t get why people get the SM version of a dual sport and then try to make it into a crappier version of its original format, but other than that it looks ok enough. The skidplate looks like it might be ebay, but it could be fine.