Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2131532313.html

Wish I had cash to pick this up, seems like a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2142431311.html

I emailed the guy asking if he would be willing to sell. How much would be a good offer on it?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I feel like prices are inflated here in St. Louis too because of the lack of motorcycles(except harleys) and the fact that 10 inches of snow fell on us yesterday. How do we compare price wise to CA, lets say for giggles, in the Ninjettes?
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=ninja+250&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=
I know they don't depreciate quickly but drat. I would love to get a supermoto as a first bike but they're all 3k+ which is pretty standard I think. I'm also keeping an eye out for drz enduro or s.

I'll ask about the 16 inch tires, maybe he wanted to make it look like an SM? :p Or rides it predominantly on pavement.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 22, 2011

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'd skip it, there are a ton of better deals out there especially in California land.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcd/2209424322.html

Sperm flame paint job!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Go check it out, if there's anything weird about the bike, walk. If it passes the muster, lowball the poo poo out of them.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Does the bike lose some power having the back wheel so far back? I know it's suppose to be for dragging, but none of those people actually do that.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You would be the coolest cat on the block with this, holy poo poo it's clean.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Oh man:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2339546808.html

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Sigh, if you lived closer.... CB125 is a dream bike of bike. esp in orange

Fly and ride time!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

I dont think riding a 125 from texas to california would be very fun. illegal

See that is the fun part.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

How is this for a first bike? http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4122331270.html

I'm keeping an eye out on the slew of overpriced ninja 250s, sv's etc. but came across this. Seems pretty perfect for lengthy commute and some day/weekend touring that I'm interested in doing.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'm 6'4, so this would fit just so right. Someone buy my miata already :argh: Thanks for the faq link!

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 10, 2013

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Guni posted:

$13,000 ... a "few repairs" ... "frame needs straightening" :wtc:

"I financed a literbike as my first bike purchase, crashed it and now have no interest in riding. Pay off my loan please."

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4193998065.html

First question, is this a terrible idea for a first bike? If no, will it be ok with a 30 mile highway commute? And is it overpriced?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure about how it makes power. I'll keep looking for SVs and ninjas.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

This bike was obviously crashed, would it be worth to fix everything assuming there is no frame/fork damage?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4196831475.html

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

petercodeine posted:

Maybe keep looking...

Try and find other GS500Fs without all that poo poo. I found my '06 on Craigslist for $1600, and it had only been ridden 3400 miles. I can't imagine a better first bike...

I am trying to get the guy to send me a couple pictures of the damage on the tail section and he must have texted me instead of someone else saying he won't take 500 but listed at 1k so maybe worth to offer 800 or so? I suspect someone already nabbed it though.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4194731829.html

Here is another one, are the mods dumb? Heated grips are nice..

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Should I even consider this? Maybe offer 700 or something?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4186402175.html

edit: the gs500 guy said the bike does not run, but needs fuel shut off cleaned to run..

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 29, 2013

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'm looking for my first bike and there's a CBR250 that came up locally. It's a 2012 with only ~3000 miles, so what do I need to look for that can "age" besides tires and battery? I'll multi meter it to see if it's been stored properly. Tires are "only 25% worn" so I'll need to check the dates, i assume they're original. They're asking $2400, but I was thinking 2k max, maybe start with offer of 1900. There are a couple of blemishes from a 0mph tip over too.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

2500? :lol:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Everyone needs a hobby.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

yummycheese posted:

being in and around scottsdale Arizona is the icing on the cake with that posting.

Peak loving Snottsdale

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

The pricing and general feel of e-bikes and high end mtb's comes across as basically conning wealthy people into buying something that looks like a motorcycle and costs like a motorcycle but is in fact a bicycle that costs nothing near a motorcycle to produce. There seems to be no middle market also, it's all either terrible steel shitters from china for $200 or $5k plus for a loving bicycle.

People don't get en emtb because they think it's a motorcycle. They mostly buy them because they are old and need the pedal assist to keep having fun on the trails (there's no throttle on any emtb that comes from a bicycle company).

A quality full suspension mtb starts around 3k, there are some bikes below that but they are built to a price point and you will break stuff or have suspension that will need frequent upkeep if you're really romping on it. So the fact that you can get an emtb for 5k is pretty awesome. Also shops margins on most bikes and especially ebikes are in the 28% to 35% range for a bicycle shop.

For middle ground bikes, you can get a hard tail mountain bike under 2k with alright spec.

I don't think it's useful to compare it to motorcycles, you can have multiple hobbies where you spend a lot of money.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 28, 2021

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I would encourage everyone to try a fancy pedal assist e bicycle. I've never heard anyone say they didn't enjoy riding one.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

I rode a Rad Power bike and it's pretty ridiculous. The thing is heavy as hell and I'm very out of cardio shape but I was going up steep hills way faster than you'd think possible (granted, with some effort pedaling, I did break a sweat). They would have been a game changer before I could drive, although we still got around in bikes despite the hills then because you had no alternative.

We were considering the Rad Power radwagon for my partner, they're priced really well. But I think she really wants a Specialized Como, so I'm getting an order in for the trim level she wants, they're selling like hot cakes.

If I fit the radwagon, i'd probably get one for me, but i think I'm too tall. I need to ride the one my friends have.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

For sure! That's one of the nice things, you can be out longer and have more fun. What kind do you have?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Get the base hypermotard instead.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Used Hypermotard SPs, at least a few years ago we're getting pretty affordable. Though, if I were getting a bike to replace my SV650 I want the 6(?) Axis IMU and TCS, etc and I think you basically have to get a 2020+ MY for that.

You get everything you need on the base minus the quickshifter ($300 option), unless you can't live without the Ohlins suspension.

quote:

Riding Modes, ABS Bosch Cornering EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, Power Modes, Day Time Running Light (DRL)

These newest generation looks to be started in 2019 but probably as a 2020 model year so yeah you're right. But around $14k, not not a bad premium option.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

yummycheese posted:

Im curious about this too.

a super motard sp is at the top of my bike list.

Previously rode an sv650 then an drz400. have a daytona 675 as a dedicated race/track bike.

Im also 6’4” and kinda figure its super
motos or bust. Im probably never riding a sport bike on public roads again at this point.

Granted I never see the ducati motards
on the road so maybe they are all broken inside their owners garage. idk. I want one though

I think it's that they don't sell that many compared to the multistrada and some of the sporty bikes.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Looked like the guy on the right probably locked up in the sandy turn and fell over, but strange for the Grom to lowside going fairly slowly uphill like that. Are the brakes that strong on a grom? Or is the tiny tire diameter exacerbating the issue.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That's the smell of freedom for ya.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

It needs more lights imo, stepping all the way down to the wheel.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Perfection.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So rare that my local dealer has 4 on the floor.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Alright, we’re really shifting gears to a different topic here

We need a sequential segway to the next discussion.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Buy buy buy!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

One of the directors at my job bought an air-cooled hypermotard from 2011 I think. I'm waiting for him to get bored of it :getin:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

He will crash it and find it's impossible to repair

He also has a 1200GS and a SV650SF in the garage. I assume it'll just not get ridden.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Buy it and put a large array of mirrors around that rad dad wind screen.